Conquer Club

Mud from rivers into the oceans

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Mud from rivers into the oceans

Postby BigBallinStalin on Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:40 pm

hotfire wrote:pangae wasn't even the first supercontinent...what broke the first one apart? another flood?

It is possible pangae was the first supercontinent. You say I'm wrong, but its possible I'm correct.
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby AndyDufresne on Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:11 pm

universalchiro wrote:The Bible describes Pangaea broke apart at the time of the global flood. Approximately 4,500 years ago. This is supported but no river delta has greater than 4,500 years of deposit & no trail of deltas remain on ocean floor as the tectonic plates moved. Evidence the tectonic plates moved quickly at theflod & has slowed to current rate to allow deltas to form.

It is possible the Bible doesn't describe this. You say I'm wrong, but its possible I'm correct.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby hotfire on Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:12 pm

universalchiro wrote:@hotfire: apparently you are unaware the current at the bottom ocean floor is 1/100 the velocity at the surface on average.

The Bible describes Pangaea broke apart at the time of the global flood. Approximately 4,500 years ago. This is supported but no river delta has greater than 4,500 years of deposit & no trail of deltas remain on ocean floor as the tectonic plates moved. Evidence the tectonic plates moved quickly at theflod & has slowed to current rate to allow deltas to form.

18,000 years ago during the ice age the sea level was 410 feet below its current position...what makes u think that rivers were creating deltas in the same place? and any previous sediment the longshore drifting process would certainly have moved..maybe into the one mile thick sediment at the base of the continental rise...
in fact there are no deltas on the atlantic coast because there is too much wave and tide action to make it possible...so are u talking about the mississippi delta ...u must be..and i have said before arent cuba and florida in the path of any sediment accumulation towards africa?

also look up magnetite and paleomagnetism, chiro...that will show a steady rate of continental drift in the Atlantic and Pacific....unless u think that the earths magnetic poles switched back and forth repeatedly during the flood....
Colonel hotfire

Postby AndyDufresne on Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:46 pm

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby Metsfanmax on Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:59 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:

--Andy

wat

er
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby PLAYER57832 on Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:42 am

universalchiro wrote:The Bible describes Pangaea broke apart at the time of the global flood. Approximately 4,500 years ago.

Please show where this Bible says this. I have read most Christian versions and have NEVER read this... or even read of a serious scholar who thought this was true.

universalchiro wrote: This is supported but no river delta has greater than 4,500 years of deposit & no trail of deltas remain on ocean floor as the tectonic plates moved. Evidence the tectonic plates moved quickly at theflod & has slowed to current rate to allow deltas to form.

No. This is absolutely not true. Its not anything that real creationists actually think or say.

and.. saying the Bible says things it does not is profane and blasphemy.

You are not a creationist.. I wonder if you are even a Christian. You are someone just pretending to believe idiocy.
Corporal PLAYER57832

Postby tzor on Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:31 am

universalchiro wrote: This is supported but no river delta has greater than 4,500 years of deposit & no trail of deltas remain on ocean floor as the tectonic plates moved. Evidence the tectonic plates moved quickly at theflod & has slowed to current rate to allow deltas to form.

There are so many problems with this statement I don't know where to begin. Let's start with the whole notion of how plates move in the first place. At a certain point new material rises up and pushes the old material farther apart. The notion that there would be a "trail of deltas" is nonsense. The river delta was never anywhere near where the edges of the places are now, because when the river delta was there, the edges of the plates as we know them wasn't there.

This means that most of the ocean floor is recently new.

This process of adding to the edge of a place and pushing them apart has to take place slowly. You can't have them move quickly without significantly buckling the new plate that is forming in the divide.

But let's keep looking at this statement; I love tearing it apart. Let's assume that it is accurate. It assumes that rivers have been the same for millions of years. News flash, most major rivers aren't all that old.

The modern Mississippi River Delta formed over the last approximately 7,000 years as the Mississippi River deposited sand, clay and silt along its banks and in adjacent basins.

On the other hand, let's consider an old River, the Nile.

The oldest parts of the Nile drainage are probably those associated with the Sudd. These follow the axes of sediment-filled rifts that formed over 65 million years ago, and which have continued to slowly sink and fill with sediments since that time. This part of what is now the Nile only became part of the great transcontinental river in the past 1 or 2 million years. The best record of the great river is recorded where the sedimentary sequence is best preserved, in Egypt.
Cadet tzor

Previous

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,