Conquer Club

Coming Messiah

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Coming Messiah

Postby patches70 on Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:42 pm

crispybits wrote:Of course this doesn't work until we have a single human society

Lemme ask you, does putting all your eggs into one basket sound very wise to you?
Hahahaha!

There is nothing wrong at all with lots of societies. In fact, that is the ideal. It makes it easier for individuals to find their own niche in life and society. I can think of few things in the world that could be worse than having everyone the same. Variety, the spice of life.

crispybits wrote:I think there is an optimal (note: optimal, not perfect) society model. That is, one where based on everything we can demonstrate and measure the best possible life is given to everyone in that society.

What's the best possible life? That's not an objective thing, that's subjective. Good luck measuring that.

And what we can demonstrate and measure now is not necessarily true, or that is we still suffer from knowledge gaps. No matter what we do. DDT is a great example. It was the wonder pesticide, it was going to eliminate malaria. It was safe (so said all measurable data at the time), so safe that you could eat it.
In fact, I have a video of a scientist eating DDT in front of some ignorant tribesmen to show them that there was nothing to fear from the pesticide, that it would make their lives better. The tribesmen were not convinced.

We sprayed it on ourselves, our crops and had the UN mandate that the pesticide be used literally everywhere. Well, we all know how that turned out, don't we?

Sure it kills bugs, but who could have figured that bug poison was also people poison? Except maybe a little common sense. Which apparently science couldn't determine until it was proved.

It always comes down to someone saying- "We've all got to do this because of this evidence says we should". That's all fine and dandy, but who does one really trust? Especially when sacrifice is called for from people who are not willing to sacrifice?

The best society is one that allows people to make their own decisions, for better or worse. Bad decisions are punished by fate and circumstance, good decisions are rewarded with fortune and favour. This instills a sense of individual responsibility. And there will always be plenty of bad luck to go around for everyone. But anytime we put one person above another we have problems.
But society does just that. Who makes the decision on who gets what? Who has a good life and who doesn't? Who deserves what and who deserves less or more?
It will be a human being deciding that. It is best if that human being is the individual deciding for himself.

Who knows better what an individual needs better than the individual himself?
Do you think you know what I need better than I know myself?
What about what I want?
Should you decide what I should have or have not?

You can take this line right on down all the issues, as I see where you are going with this.
Such as- everyone deserves medical care. Correct?
If so, then who is it that you say- "You must provide that medical to this person". Are you not forcing one to do something for another?
What if that medical care provider says- "Well, what do I get for doing this?" Well? What should he get? The person that needs treatment must get it, but what of the person giving the service? Have they not needs as well?

Or, "Everyone mus have quality food". Well, where does the food come from? Who are you going to force to grow, collect, raise that food and then give it to someone else?
Shouldn't the person who produces that food have a say in what compensation they get for their efforts?

Why not a free exchange between the two and you have nothing to do with it?

Free exchanges is better than a third party saying this or that must be done. Because the people actually involved in the exchange know better what it is that they each may want or need.

And we already have that. The whole basis of free exchange is the society that can accomplish what it is that you desire. A doctor can't grow all his own food, because he's too busy treating sick people. Farmers can't treat sick people, because they are too busy growing food. They can trade between each other the fruit of their labors and both get what they need or want.

It's nice to think of how things ought to be, and it's easy to say that a society should be based on what ought to be. But the Devil is in the details. Details which are all but ignored because people all think that they know what's best for everyone else.

The only thing any of us knows is, maybe, just maybe, what's best for themselves. And even that gets to be a stretch because a lot of people think they know what they need or want but often enough they find out differently.

But nothing is impossible. Maybe one day we'll figure a way to breed individuality out of human beings. Make everyone exactly the same. Obedient. We certainly seem to be trying to do just that. I'm not sure how ideal that kind of world would be, but with those circumstances it just may be possible to have a society you appear to dream of.
Of course, I'm more of the opinion that you really don't know what it is that you ask. Something that is common to virtually everyone on the planet.

Naw, every individual must find their own place within that society. It simply doesn't work to just say "You do this and you do that". Individuals must be free enough to figure things out for themselves. When we start saying everyone deserves this or that we start making promises that can't be kept. And that is not a very wise thing to do. Perhaps a scientific study can be done to measure what ill effects of broken promises do to societies.

And if everybody must find their own way through a society then those societies that thrive continue to thrive while those that are ill formed die out. A perfect progression where best practices are used. This cannot be mandated, determine before hand, it must be done as most things in life are done. Through trial and error.

It's a bitch sometimes, I'll give you that for sure. But making mistakes is the number one way we actually learn anything of any consequence.

Give people the freedom to starve, and you will be impressed out how quickly people work out ways to not starve. And a lot of those ways will be positive benefits for everyone. But there will be mistakes made as well. God bless us for our mistakes for it makes our success that much more beautiful.

Individualism will get society to where you want it, crispybits. Collectivism will never accomplish your lofty wishes. Collectivism just makes everyone equally miserable. Except for the rulers of course, there are never any worries for them, except for some troublesome individuals. You want transparency and less corruption? Well, the corrupt fear the individuals that don't buy into the bullshit. The corrupt have no fear of the obedient collective.
Private patches70

Postby crispybits on Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:57 pm

I never said anything about controlling everyone patches or strict collectivism. The optimal society would have to have a balance between individual needs and societal ones or it wouldn't end up being optimal. There would (in the vision I would imagine anyway, and like I said we're a million miles away from optimal right now) be plenty of freedoms for individuals to do as they please in many different ways and to find their own paths and their own happiness because I agree that you don't legislate your way to optimal societies. What I meant by a single society is that we learn to see the whole human race as a single collective with common goals, but there is room underneath that umbrella for groups of common interest to form and for people to exercise their freedoms and rights. I just don't think nationalism, especially dogmatic nationalism, is going to produce that optimal society, hence my comment about that in particular.

In the end it's not about a single person or group determining what is optimal for everyone, but structuring how society works in such a way that each individual has the best possible cance to find their own optimal lifestyle. There have to be restrictions and compromises based on the fact that our lives are interactive with the lives of everyone around us, but these should be kept to a minimum, and legislation and control shouldn't be needed if the societal values are structured such that it is inherent in them to allow others to choose different paths to your own without using society as a battering ram to ban things that don't significantly affect others.
Major crispybits

Postby Dukasaur on Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:04 pm

crispybits wrote:Why would you look for anything other than the best way to make society propser? Why settle? OK there will be varying opinions on what constitutes "best", but what you're saying isn't that, what you're saying is that we could run society based on something we know isn't the "best" and still have it survive. I don't disagree, but what's the point of choosing a less optimal path? Why not strive for the best?

You can only work with what you have, and what you have is Homo sapiens a pack animal that instinctively rallies around the alpha male and follows him into combat against other packs. You won't change the fact that most people are instinctively followers who just want Big Daddy to reassure them that everything is going to be alright. You don't get to make the choice between a rational society or a society of sheeple sitting around listening to a pack of lies -- that much has been hard-wired into us through a billion years of evolution. You only get to choose which pack of lies gets listened to most often.

If people aren't following Heimdall to his pretty rainbow bridge in the sky, they'll be following Pol Pot to his killing fields, or Steve Jobs to his hall of unlimited materialistic consumption. Of the three great evils -- religion, politics, and materialism -- religion is by far the most benign.

That's a difficult statement to make, because the other two have throughout history been busy blaming religion for their crimes, but upon close examination you find it to be so. You hear all kinds of talk about religious wars, for instance, but upon detailed examination you find most of them were either political or mercenary at their root, and religion was just the scapegoat. The Fourth Crusade, for instance, was fought to preserve Venetian trade dominance in the Easter Mediterranean, and most of the participants were pawns in an intricate money game.

Most religions preach some harmless mush about being kind to lepers and widows, which is really not a bad idea. And yeah, there's usually some witch burning along the way, but compared to the kilo-deaths produced by mercenary gangs and the mega-deaths produced by governments, it's pretty small potatoes.

Most religions demand that we set aside some of our earthly pleasures and spend some time paying lip service to some fairy tale ghost in the sky. An inefficient use of our time, perhaps, but it leads to some amazing artwork and some beautiful hymns.

Meanwhile, the mantra of politicians is "divide and conquer." The sum total of the political method is persuading groups of people that some other group of people is responsible for their problems and needs to be beaten and/or killed and/or conquered and/or enslaved and/or taxed and/or regulated. (The difference between all of those aggressions being usually one of degree, not of kind.) The reductio ad absurdium of the political method is a world where everyone is a raging automaton ready to kill his neighbour at a moment's notice, or at the very least to turn him over to the secret police.

What the marketing assholes are selling, meanwhile, is the nonsensical idea that we can spend our way to prosperity (some of that is seen in politics, too, but it's primarily the marketer's contribution to the sea of falsehood). Their reductio ad absurdium scenario is a world where nobody has any goals except the acquisition of more pointless gadgets to perform more superfluous tasks that didn't even need to be done until the marketing assholes discovered them.

The religious loonies in most cases want a tithe, which literally means one-tenth or 10% of a person's income. In exchange, they do works of charity, write beautiful hymns, and commission magnificent paintings. The political parasites aren't happy until taxes consume 60% of your income, and in return they do things like bomb Third-World countries and drag your neighbours off to jail. The marketing assholes won't be satisfied until you are spending 100% of your income on useless materialistic claptrap, and in return they will allow you to work extra overtime in the hopes of acquiring even more garbage to drown in.

Doing a cost/benefit analysis, religion looks like a pretty good deal to me.
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby patches70 on Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:48 pm

crispybits wrote:I never said anything about controlling everyone patches or strict collectivism. The optimal society would have to have a balance between individual needs and societal ones or it wouldn't end up being optimal. There would (in the vision I would imagine anyway, and like I said we're a million miles away from optimal right now) be plenty of freedoms for individuals to do as they please in many different ways and to find their own paths and their own happiness because I agree that you don't legislate your way to optimal societies. What I meant by a single society is that we learn to see the whole human race as a single collective with common goals, but there is room underneath that umbrella for groups of common interest to form and for people to exercise their freedoms and rights. I just don't think nationalism, especially dogmatic nationalism, is going to produce that optimal society, hence my comment about that in particular.

In the end it's not about a single person or group determining what is optimal for everyone, but structuring how society works in such a way that each individual has the best possible cance to find their own optimal lifestyle. There have to be restrictions and compromises based on the fact that our lives are interactive with the lives of everyone around us, but these should be kept to a minimum, and legislation and control shouldn't be needed if the societal values are structured such that it is inherent in them to allow others to choose different paths to your own without using society as a battering ram to ban things that don't significantly affect others.

Like I said, The Devil is in the Details.

You bash religion but did you consider that if everyone was a strict Catholic would we not have a better chance of seeing ourselves the human race would stand a better chance at getting to where you seem to say we should get to?

Or is it that you only support the "We're all just one people" so long as the one people are all atheists?

It always comes down to control because there are a limited amount of resources, natural, manpower, services, energy and everything else. Someone at some point has to say "This is for that one and that is for this one". So until you can solve the energy to matter conversion and vice versa you have to operate within reality.

I prefer the people saying that are the people exchanging products, services, etc. instead of a central collective saying what goes where. Besides, society is more of an idea than an actual thing. A society is really just a collection of individuals. The individuals are what matter. Anywhere individuals gather for any period of time societies form.

Nationalism is a collective as well, you want people to come together, well nationalism brings people together. You want an end to nation states, but why should someone governing in the US tell the people of Australia how their society should operate? Because science says so? Is that the justification?

Just because people are from different nations or different societies doesn't mean that can't get along, cooperate and even strive to common goals. Such things happen everyday.

If mankind survives long enough, and that's a big if since chances are we'll go extinct like nearly everything else that's come along (humans aren't anything special after all), then I have faith that we'll all come together just fine. After all, the universe doesn't give two shits whether or not human beings exist or not. Neither does the Earth. We really just aren't all that important in the grand scheme of things except in our own minds.

So it's just best to relax, try to be happy and do what's best for yourself and your family and just enjoy the ride, for as short as it is for individuals. One thing is for sure, you can't force it or it all just ends up in tears and gnashing of teeth. oh, and don't forget your towel-

Private patches70

Postby universalchiro on Sat May 17, 2014 3:59 pm

universalchiro wrote:Every generation has claimed the time is near, what makes this generation different that the coming Messiah is near. There are many signs and fulfilled prophecies indicating we are near, here is a brief list of some signs:

1. Israel becoming a nation. Israel hasn't been a nation for 2,500 years until 1948. But Israel didn't have Jerusalem.
2. Israel captures capital city Jerusalem in 1967.
3. Euphrates river will dry up to allow 200 million man army to march from far East. Turkey has built many damns and threatens a water tax to lower countries or they'll stop the flow.
4. China boasted 200+ million man army in late 1980's.
5. People will go to & fro quickly. For 5,900 years the fasted mankind traveled was the speed of one horse, now we cross the Atlantic in hours. This speed of travel exponentially increased in last 100 years.
6. Knowledge will increase. The last 100+/- years knowledge has exponentially increased compared to the previous 5,900 years.
7. One world religion. Pope recently announced that if an atheist or agnostic obey their moral conscience, they'll go to heaven. This has unified all religions under the umbrella of obey moral conscience & heaven awaits you. Bible says Nope, Jesus is the only way to Heaven.
8. Armeggedon will have such destruction that elements will melt, flesh melting, nuclear weapons explains this.
The list keeps going.
9. Falling away from God and Bible. Hate increases towards believers/God/Bible.
10. Reversal of thinking, what is good is thought of as evil and what is wicked is thought of as natural.
11. Another sign of the coming Messiah: The Bible describes in the end times, Israel would be the land flowing with milk and honey. Yet in 1948 when Israel was born again, the land was desolate, a waste land of desert, fast forward 60 years, Israel is the world leader in milk production per cow. It was known that the European Holstein cattle were the top producers of milk, not so fast. Israel milk production is 2,000 gallons more per cow than American counterparts. Israel use to pay high tariff tax for importing honey, but having just traveled to Israel, they have initiated multiple bee farms and now produce their own honey. Indeed the land is flowing with milk and honey.
Bible says, "no one knows the day or hour... when the fig tree sprouts leaves you know the harvest is near". The signs have started, the time is near. Get ready. The creator of the Universe, Jesus, is coming soon!

Another sign the the Messiah is near:
There will be many false Christs, the way to know if they are false is only via the Bible.

Another sign of the Coming Messiah is near:
Scoffers will come, scoffing and following their own evil desires. They will say, "where is this 'coming' he promised? Ever since our ancestors died, everything goes on as it has since the beginning of creation." The Lord is not slow in keeping His promise, instead He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish in the coming judgment, but everyone to come to repentance. This day of the Lord will come like a thief. The heavens will disappear with a roar, the elements will be destroyed by fire and destruction comes. Since everything will be destroyed, we should respond to God's message of repent the kingdom of Heaven is near without delay.

Another sign of the Coming Messiah:
The believers in Christ will not all die, some will be caught up into the air in the twinkling of an eye. Their bodies will remain on earth, lifeless. Their souls and spirits will be raptured up to Heaven. Some believe this to be before the 7 year tribulation starts, some say during, some say at the end. Probably the world will shrug this off as a mass suicide. But maybe the numbers of believers is smaller than we think. The Bible says few follow the narrow way of God and many follow the broad way to destruction.

Another sign of the coming Messiah:
There will be signs in the Heavens. Such as a blood moon. The last four blood moons with an eclipse have occurred on monumental moments in history:
1492 at the time of Columbus discovering America.
1948 Israel becomes a Nation.
1967-68 Israel captures Jerusalem.

Another sign the coming Messiah is near:
The Quran prophesies that there will be 42 generations after Muhammad and the Mujaddid will return riding on Arabian white horses. We are at the 42nd generation! The Prince of Jordan proclaims to be the 42nd heir to Muhammad! This is significant, numbers mean a lot. Jesus was 42 generations from Abraham (Matthew 1)

Some major signs to look for just prior to the coming of the Messiah that tells you He is less than 7 years away:
1. Seven year peace treaty with Israel.
2. Israel builds Solomon's Temple on the Temple mount, not where the Rock of the Dome is, but next to it.
3. Hyper-inflation
4. Famine
5. Plagues
6. Anti-Christ breaks the 7yr peace treaty at the 1,260th day and declares himself worthy to be worshiped.

Another sign of the Coming Messiah:
There will be two witnesses that will prepare the way for the Messiah, these two holy men will be killed for their preaching while the whole world watches and the world will celebrate their death and pass around gifts. But they will rise from the grave after three days.
One of the witnesses will be in the spirit of Elijah, but he will be a unique human being with probably a different name, so when he is asked "are you the Elijah coming to prepare the way for the Messiah?", he will probably say no, I am the voice in the wilderness calling for repentance for the kingdom is at hand.

When will the Messiah will show up? after 7 years of tribulation. When He shows up, He won't be the meek sacrificial lamb, quite the contrary. This coming will be infull glory, Majesty and He is coming with wrath of fire.

So when believers proclaim the Messiah is near, we are saying the start of the 7 year tribulation is near which includes:
7 seals of: Peace treaty, war, famine, death, martyrdom, asteroid impacts, sun light is blocked, volcanoes,
7 bowls of plagues: all hell breaks lose. Demons released from a prison to torment, a large asteroid hits the earth, kills 1/3 of all marine life, 1/3 of all vegetation, etc.
7 Trumpets: even deadlier destruction so that every island is moved, every mountain top is brought down & the earth is hit so hard that it wobbles like a drunkard and splits asunder.
Then the Messiah sets up his Kingdom in Jerusalem. His glory will cause no night time in the area. All sin will be eradicated. Only 144,000 Jews (12K from each tribe) & newly saved people that missed the rapture will be alive.

So if someone is looking for signs that the Messiah is near, look to see what signs have been fulfilled in the last 60 years.

Interesting note: God created everything in 6 days & rested the 7th day.
Jesus spent 6 hours on the cross & rested the 7th hour.
Adam & Eve were created 6,000 years ago, after the Messiah comes, the 7th one thousand years will be of rest.

In the last days before the coming Messiah, the earth climate will be more extreme. Harsher winters, hotter summers, more drought, more hurricanes, more tornadoes.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=204236
This forum brings to light Global warming, which is occurring. But more accurately its climate change, and the Bible said it would be so along with all the other signs just before coming Antichrist and then Messiah.
General universalchiro
SoC Training Adviser

Postby kuthoer on Sun May 18, 2014 4:49 pm

I'm the 2nd coming of Christ! Now stop acting as if you have my ear!
Cadet kuthoer

Postby universalchiro on Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:41 pm

"Wars and rumors of wars". Seems like events are escalating.

Really heart wrenching to see civilians dying and children dying, doesn't matter which side you support, or who is right or wrong, children shouldn't be killed b/c men cannot get along. Sad.
General universalchiro
SoC Training Adviser

Postby patches70 on Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:59 pm

universalchiro wrote:"Wars and rumors of wars". Seems like events are escalating.

Really heart wrenching to see civilians dying and children dying, doesn't matter which side you support, or who is right or wrong, children shouldn't be killed b/c men cannot get along. Sad.

I'm trying to remember a time when there wasn't wars and rumors of wars.
Private patches70

Postby universalchiro on Sat Jul 19, 2014 3:12 pm

patches70 wrote:
universalchiro wrote:"Wars and rumors of wars". Seems like events are escalating.

I hear you & concede your point, that's why I added the caveat "seems like its escalating".
General universalchiro
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Dukasaur on Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:04 pm

Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby patches70 on Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:58 pm

universalchiro wrote:
patches70 wrote:

I hear you & concede your point, that's why I added the caveat "seems like its escalating".

Everybody has gut feelings, perception is everything. It is not unlike people who think gun violence is increasing but when quantified through actual studies it is found that said violence is decreasing, counter to people's perceptions.

Hey, maybe it is getting worse, I dunno. I'd just be a bit careful trying to tie it to biblical prophecy and such when it's been written that none will know the time when it comes. So I pretty much just don't try too much to read current events in such context. Because it's so subjective.

Now, if you wanna cite some studies that quantify this alleged escalating events, then by all means. But we've seen some pretty horrid escalating events in our past, often, and it almost always turns bad for a while. But then there is de escalation until it's time to get dirty again.

We human beings tend to fight a lot among ourselves, but we are also kind to each other just as much. We are probably kinder in general to each other than ancient man was to each other. But then again, I dunno, just my perception.

<shrugs>
But it's all good man! Try not to spend too much time mulling over it, just do what ya gotta do and live the best you can. That's about all most of us can do anyway. Everything else is pretty much beyond our control. IMO.

The Messiah comes when the Messiah deems it time.
Private patches70

Postby universalchiro on Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:03 pm

Roger that.
General universalchiro
SoC Training Adviser

Postby jonesthecurl on Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:19 am

The Messiah is called Roger?
instagram.com/garethjohnjoneswrites
Sergeant 1st Class jonesthecurl

Postby universalchiro on Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:54 am

jonesthecurl wrote:The Messiah is called Roger?

Shirley you cannot be serious. Your question takes us way off vector Victor.

jonesthecurl, on the first page of this thread, is there anything that makes you ponder and say, "hhhhmmm that is interesting, what are the odds of that?"
General universalchiro
SoC Training Adviser

Postby patches70 on Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:52 pm

universalchiro wrote:
patches70 wrote:

Hey! UC, to your perception that wars and rumors of wars seems like it's escalating. I said I wasn't sure if this perception is actually true or not and asked for some empirical evidence. Well, to that it's pretty well known that financial interests routinely study this for the purpose of evaluating risks and rewards, among other things.

A recent study is presented thus-

It appears that currently about 11% of the world's population is at war.

Deutche bank's risk study graphic-

Then there is the other info provided by Bloomberg, IMF, UN, etc etc graphic-

Now since this is a study from the perspective of the financial interests, it's interesting to note that these conflicts are not affecting the large equity markets in the slightest because the footprint of these conflicts is small. The markets aren't even noticing. At least not yet.
But what is being affected, and this isn't very well reported or glossed over by (in the US at least) the politicians is that durable goods orders in the US are taking a beating. Highlighting this little tidbit goes against the narrative of "recovery" which is more important than these petty little conflicts (note: my sarcasm here).

11% of the world's population is a pretty large number of people, but what percentage of the world's population was in the midst of war during, say, WWII? Or WWI? Higher than currently I'd bet and no Messiah came.

As bad as this is, I'm not sure it's any worse than other times in history. So, I don't know if this will alter your perception or simply enhance it, but the above is a quantifiable example of "wars and rumors of war".

Maybe it's not the amount of wars, or the number of rumors of wars, but maybe it's where the wars are or who is involved in those wars that determines the coming Messiah. In that case it could get a hell of a lot worse and still not trigger the Coming. Especially since we won't know when that Coming is exactly despite studies, prophecies and beliefs.
In a lot of these places that are currently war zones, these regions have virtually always been war zones since the beginning of civilization.
So, to me the "Wars and rumors of wars" requisite is the same as saying "the sun will rise in the East when the Messiah comes". Well of course the sun will rise in the East, that's of exactly zero help in determining if the Messiah is on nigh, IMO. Just like the wars and rumors of wars is exactly zero help in determining when the Messiah is coming. IMO.
Private patches70

Postby universalchiro on Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:47 pm

Excellent information, thank you. I hear you & concede your point, that's why I added the caveat "seems like its escalating".
I'll say it another way <Jerry Mcguire: Renee Zeilwanger> " you had me at hello".
General universalchiro
SoC Training Adviser

Postby universalchiro on Sat Jul 26, 2014 3:26 pm

However, though we cannot know the day nor hour, doesn't mean we cannot know the month or year.
Hypothesis: Jesus said when you start to see these signs, know that the time is near and when the fig tree when its branch has become tender & puts forth its leaves, you know that summer is near. this generation won't pass until all these things take place."(Matthew 24:29-35)

Israel is frequently referred to as the fig tree, but even if they are not the fig tree, then the start of Israel being a nation and all the other prophecies being fulfilled (see page 1), then the generation called the Baby Boomers are that generation. They won't pass until Messiah comes.
A generation is 40 yrs from parent to child, And the length of life of people born during certain period. Ie Baby Boomers.

The Old testament is about Jesus, even the holy feasts are symbols pointing towards Jesus. Case & point: Passover, date Nisan 15, sacrifice of lamb for sin. Jesus' crucifixion as the sacrificial lamb on Nisan 15. Feast of unleavened Bread Nisan 14-21, to symbolize Israel is separated from sin & holy. Jesus the sinless & blameless Son of God. Feast of first fruit, Nisan. Jesus is the first fruit resurrection 1 Cor 15:23. Feast of Pentacost/Weeks, occurs 50 days after Passover. Holy Spirit came 50 days after crucifixion.
Now those 4 of 7 feast have been fulfilled & all during the early rains/spring.

The latter rain/fall feast are not fully fulfilled.
Feast of: trumpets, tabernacle/ingathering & atonement. All in fall , Tishri, Sept-Oct.
General universalchiro
SoC Training Adviser

Postby oVo on Sat Jul 26, 2014 3:48 pm

Monty Python wrote:And now for something completely different.

“There is an account in the Bible where Jesus casts 2,000 demons out of a man. The demons came out screaming and begged Jesus to send them into the pigs. The pigs didn’t want them, so they ran down a steep hill and were drowned in the sea.” I'm not sure who drowned here , can demons tread water?

When sitting in a bathtub, beware of fart bubbles.
Major oVo

Postby Dukasaur on Sat Jul 26, 2014 3:59 pm

wow.
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby universalchiro on Sat Jul 26, 2014 4:06 pm

demons, angels and the spirits of all that has the breath of life (humans, animals, birds, fish) are immortal (can never die).
Flesh is mortal.

The demons live forever in lake of fire tormented for eternity, along with those non-believers.Revelation. everyone that has a mortal flesh will receive an immortal body and live forever physically along with their immortal spirit. Angels & demons already have their immortal flesh.

What does that look like being separated from God forever? Ever had your heart broken that you wailed and gnashed your teeth, that is how hell is described, but daily forever.

BTW, the pigs were possessed by those demons and the pigs drowned. Not the demons. (Matt 8:28-34, Luke 8:26-39, Mark 5:1-20)
General universalchiro
SoC Training Adviser

Postby crispybits on Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:15 pm

universalchiro wrote:However, though we cannot know the day nor hour, doesn't mean we cannot know the month or year.
Hypothesis: Jesus said when you start to see these signs, know that the time is near and when the fig tree when its branch has become tender & puts forth its leaves, you know that summer is near. this generation won't pass until all these things take place."(Matthew 24:29-35)

Funny that you quote that bit and not the bit from Matthew 16:27-28 (same book, different chapter)

For the Son of Man is going to come in his Father’s glory with his angels, and then he will reward each person according to what they have done. “Truly I tell you, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom.”

So according to the SAME BOOK you use to claim that fig tree is Isreal to stretch your head around the fact your Messiah absolutely positively has to be coming back real soon, Jesus himself says that the disciples standing around him in Caesarea Philippi on that day will not die before the end times come. Tell me, how many of his disciples he was talking to on that day are still alive?

Also, the verse you quote out of context from Matthew 24 is heavily clipped to make it seem to be saying what you want to say. What that section you claimed that verse was actually says in full is:

29 “Right after the terrible suffering of those days,

“‘The sun will be darkened.
The moon will not shine.
The stars will fall from the sky.
The heavenly bodies will be shaken.’ (Isaiah 13:10; 34:4)

30 “At that time the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky. All the nations on earth will be sad. They will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of the sky. He will come with power and great glory. 31 He will send his angels with a loud trumpet call. They will gather his chosen people from all four directions. They will bring them from one end of the heavens to the other.

32 “Learn a lesson from the fig tree. As soon as its twigs get tender and its leaves come out, you know that summer is near. 33 In the same way, when you see all those things happening, you know that the end is near. It is right at the door. 34 What I’m about to tell you is true. The people living at that time will certainly not pass away until all those things have happened. 35 Heaven and earth will pass away. But my words will never pass away.

Of course the fact you're quote mining the bible hardly surprises me, it's such a common and completely dishonest creationist tactic. The fact that you do it to your own supposedly divinely inspired and perfect word of God just to try and score a point amuses me greatly in fact... :lol: =D>
Major crispybits

Postby notyou2 on Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:25 pm

Crispy, he is not mining the bible, he is regurgitating someone else's hypothesis/theories/interpretations, one of whom is the author Hal Lindsay.
He is using other peoples work and not giving notations. Seems a tad dishonest to me.
Captain notyou2

Postby crispybits on Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:27 pm

If he's presenting someone else's hypothesis as truth, especially without crediting the original source, then he has to accept criticisms of that as if he were proposing these things himself.

Still amused :)
Major crispybits

Postby notyou2 on Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:32 pm

crispybits wrote:If he's presenting someone else's hypothesis as truth, especially without crediting the original source, then he has to accept criticisms of that as if he were proposing these things himself.

Still amused :)

You should quote my above statement so he can read it and refute it.
Captain notyou2

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,