Conquer Club

NHL 14-15

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: NHL 14-15

Postby tzor on Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:19 pm

We are in the playoffs in my season long league on Yahoo. I was up around Number 1 for a while but dropped down to 5th place before the playoffs. Lost to the 4th place team, but in the battle for 5th place I am currently leading.
Cadet tzor

Postby Serbia on Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:46 pm

Ottawa at Montreal, Game 1. This has been an insanely entertaining game, full of crazy goals, bad calls, and madness. WATCH MORE HOCKEY PEOPLE.

Bollocks.
CONFUSED? YOU'LL KNOW WHEN YOU'RE RIPE
saxitoxin wrote:Serbia is a RUDE DUDE
may not be a PRUDE, but he's gotta 'TUDE
might not be LEWD, but he's gonna get BOOED
RUDE
Captain Serbia

Postby Army of GOD on Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:26 pm

Hawks/Preds is crazy too. Preds go up 3-0, Hawks erase the deficit immediately.

here are my picks:

East
Pens over Rags
Isles over Caps
Habs over Sens
Wings over Lightning

Pens over Isles
Habs over Wings

Pens overHabs

West
Ducks over Jets
Flames over Nucks
Hawks over Preds
Blues over Wild

Ducks over Flames
Hawks over Blues

Hawks over Ducks

PENS OVER HAWKS TO WIN THE FUCKIN CUP
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby Serbia on Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:02 am

Montreal over Ottawa
Detroit over Tampa Bay
NY Rangers over Pittsburgh
Washington over NY Islanders

Minnesota over St. Louis
Chicago over Nashville
Winnipeg over Anaheim
Calgary over Vancouver

Montreal over Detroit
Washington over NY Rangers

Minnesota over Chicago
Winnipeg over Calgary

Montreal over Washington

Minnesota over Winnipeg

MONTREAL over Minnesota

Bollocks.
RUDE
Captain Serbia

Postby tzor on Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:48 am

My personal predictions!

Click image to enlarge.
Cadet tzor

Postby DoomYoshi on Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:35 pm

that bracket hurts my brain. Explain yourself tzor!
Hunter S. Thompson wrote:The Edge... There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over..
Major DoomYoshi

Postby tzor on Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:01 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:that bracket hurts my brain. Explain yourself tzor!

What's to explain, with the exception of Washington vs Islanders, and Minesota vs St. Louis, my first round is exactly the same as Serbia's.

So far:
Islanders won game 1
Montreal won game 1
Chicago won game 1
Calgary won game 1

All according to my evil plan.
Cadet tzor

Postby DoomYoshi on Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:18 pm

Ok, now I get it. Those numbers are the seed numbers. I can't imagine any more useless information to put on a fucking bracket. What a stupid design.
Hunter S. Thompson wrote:The Edge... There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over..
Major DoomYoshi

Postby Serbia on Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:04 am

Mrazek had 44 saves in his playoff debut; the Wings were outshot 46-14, yet still managed to steal Game 1, 3-2. Detroit will need to be much better to have a prayer in this series... or just hope that Mrazek turns into JS Giguere from 2003.

Bollocks.
RUDE
Captain Serbia

Postby denominator on Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:20 pm

Serbia wrote:Mrazek had 44 saves in his playoff debut; the Wings were outshot 46-14, yet still managed to steal Game 1, 3-2. Detroit will need to be much better to have a prayer in this series... or just hope that Mrazek turns into JS Giguere from 2003.

Bollocks.

Game 2, not so much.

I've watched at least 1 full game in each of the series. The Capitals/Islanders series is garbage - doesn't even look like playoff hockey. So far, the Blackhawks and Predators both look really good, Wild and Blues both look really good, Ducks look alright, Jets look alright but of course goaltending is an issue, Canucks look average, Flames look as expected, Canadiens look good, Senators look poor, Lighting look great, Red Wings look like shit, Rangers and Penguins both look decent, and Capitals and Islanders look like shit.

Right now, I like whoever comes out of Wild/Blues/Blackhawks/Predators to win the cup. All 4 are playing hard, playoff hockey - it's just a matter if they beat each other up too much getting there. Rangers, on the other hand, should breeze to the Eastern finals.
Major denominator

Postby Army of GOD on Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:33 pm

denominator wrote:Rangers, on the other hand, should breeze to the Eastern finals.

what?

of course I'm biased, but I think the Pens have outplayed them so far. And the Pens are without 3 of their top 7 defensemen (Letang, Erhoff and Pouliot).

also, Malkin is pretty obviously injured too.

I have the Pens winning in 7 and am not worried about that. And if the Rags do end up winning, the next series against the Islanders won't be any easier.
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby denominator on Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:43 pm

Army of GOD wrote:
denominator wrote:Rangers, on the other hand, should breeze to the Eastern finals.

what?

of course I'm biased, but I think the Pens have outplayed them so far. And the Pens are without 3 of their top 7 defensemen (Letang, Erhoff and Pouliot).

also, Malkin is pretty obviously injured too.

I have the Pens winning in 7 and am not worried about that. And if the Rags do end up winning, the next series against the Islanders won't be any easier.

You are biased.

The Rangers look bored. I think the Game 2 loss might light a fire under their asses and if/when they turn it on, it's over.

Plus, the Penguins take the stupidest penalties ever.
Major denominator

Postby Army of GOD on Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:21 pm

another one goal game with the Penguins waiting too long to flip the switch.

the Penguins might not be good but the Rangers aren't strides better.
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby Serbia on Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:20 am

I don't think the Pens are capable of flipping a switch this year.

The Jets continue to disappoint. Three straight games they enter the 3rd with a lead; three straight games they lose. My favorite series thus far might be Senators vs. Canadiens. The other series I've been disappointed in is Islanders vs. Capitols. I was expecting more out of Washington. They can still win this series, but they gotta be better.

Meanwhile, Detroit gets Abdelkader back in the lineup from injury, and will sit the useless Stephen Weiss, who's been an awful signing. Babcock is also putting Smith back in the lineup, and sitting rookie defenseman Marchenko. The Lightning haven't played well on the road this year, and despite the results, Detroit played much better in their game 2 loss than they did in their game 1 victory. Should be a fun one tonight.

Bollocks.
RUDE
Captain Serbia

Postby Serbia on Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:15 am

Wings looked solid last night. As predicted, Abdelkader's return made a big difference. He set up the primary assist on Sheahan's goal which put Detroit up 2-0. Mrazek earned his first career playoff shutout, and the Wings take a 2-1 series lead. Unlike their Game 1 win, you can't say Mrazek stole this one. This was a team effort. By the way, this is the second time this season that Mrazek has shut out Tampa, both games played in Detroit. Tampa is a different team on the road than they are at home. I'll be at tomorrow's Game 4 in Detroit.

I watched the Caps win in OT. Backstrom was the hero there again. Then I went to bed. The Flames vs Canucks series was far more interesting to me than 'Hawks vs Preds, but I was tired.

Bollocks.
RUDE
Captain Serbia

Postby denominator on Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:01 pm

I didn't watch the Wings/Bolts because boring. Damn Red Wings won't lose, and won't play exciting hockey. It's gonna suck seeing them go up against Montreal... they'll bore that series down too.

Saw some of the Islanders/Capitals, and it was the best game I've seen in that series thus far. Visnovsky still doesn't know what century he's in.

Watched the first period of the Hawks/Predators, then most of overtime (after the Flames game). OT was an exceptional goaltending duel with a little bit of Rinne slapstick comedy in the middle. I couldn't believe how physical the second OT was (or that it was physical at all).

Watched all of the Flames/Canucks game. I am wary of saying it because of homer status, but the Flames are playing exceptional hockey right now, and look very much like the Kings of last year. Here's hoping Winnipeg figures out how to hold a lead and slows the Ducks down a little for the Flames.
Major denominator

Postby Army of GOD on Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:30 pm

f*ck the fucking Rangers.

denom, I don't know how you don't think this series isn't dead even. Rangers are up 3-1 but are only +2 in goals (almost +1 if they don't get that garbage time goal in game 2). All three of their wins have been 2-1 and went down to the very end.

if the Rangers struggle with a team that's playing two AHLers, a guy that was traded for Robert Bortuzzo who played a second in St. Louis in the playoffs and the rotting carcass of Scuderi, I don't see how they fare any better against the Isles or Caps
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby tzor on Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:32 am

Army of GOD wrote:denom, I don't know how you don't think this series isn't dead even. Rangers are up 3-1 but are only +2 in goals (almost +1 if they don't get that garbage time goal in game 2). All three of their wins have been 2-1 and went down to the very end.

It doesn't matter the goals, they are up 3-1 and that gives them a major advantage. Even if the games are dead even, there is no longer any room for error. This is gut check time; make it or break it; the time when costly mistakes are made and push the needle towards a swift outcome. The Rangers have to loose three games in a row to loose the series; possible but not probable. They are, after all, going against the Penguins, not the CC Defense Dice.
Cadet tzor

Postby Serbia on Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:48 am

Army of GOD wrote:f*ck the fucking Rangers.

denom, I don't know how you don't think this series isn't dead even. Rangers are up 3-1 but are only +2 in goals (almost +1 if they don't get that garbage time goal in game 2). All three of their wins have been 2-1 and went down to the very end.

if the Rangers struggle with a team that's playing two AHLers, a guy that was traded for Robert Bortuzzo who played a second in St. Louis in the playoffs and the rotting carcass of Scuderi, I don't see how they fare any better against the Isles or Caps

Based on this logic, every series was dead even. The Jets held a lead going into the 3rd period in each of their first three games, yet got swept last night. The Wings have been outshot by nearly 50, yet hold a 2-1 advantage. Every game in the Montreal - Ottawa series has been a 1 goal affair, with two overtime games, but Montreal is up 3-1. It's the playoffs. Games are going to be tight, and the details won't always make sense. What matters in the end is who wins, not necessarily how you got there. And the Penguins are about done.

Bollocks.
RUDE
Captain Serbia

Postby Army of GOD on Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:41 am

Serbia wrote:
Army of GOD wrote:f*ck the fucking Rangers.

Based on this logic, every series was dead even. The Jets held a lead going into the 3rd period in each of their first three games, yet got swept last night. The Wings have been outshot by nearly 50, yet hold a 2-1 advantage. Every game in the Montreal - Ottawa series has been a 1 goal affair, with two overtime games, but Montreal is up 3-1. It's the playoffs. Games are going to be tight, and the details won't always make sense. What matters in the end is who wins, not necessarily how you got there. And the Penguins are about done.

Bollocks.

I agree that nearly every series is dead even though. denom said the Rangers would waltz into the Eastern finals. They're struggling to beat the Pens.
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby Serbia on Fri Apr 24, 2015 5:58 am

What a let down. 5 minutes away from a 3-1 series lead, and back-to-back shutouts. That was disappointing.

Bollocks.
RUDE
Captain Serbia

Postby Army of GOD on Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:21 pm

Four 2-1 losses. f*ck this

The Rangers are garbage. Were among the most injured team and they barely eek by
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby tzor on Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:44 pm

PengLOOSES

In other news, the NY Islanders are NOT DEAD YET.
I'm getting better
Oh be quiet, you're as good as dead.
No, I'm feeling much better now.
No, no you're going to die and we're moving to Brooklyn.
No I'm perfectly find for another game or two or more in the Colosseum
Cadet tzor

Postby Serbia on Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:53 pm

I'm so glad they quickly abandoned those hideous Gorton's Fisherman jerseys.

Wings win again, Mrazek with his second shutout. Other than 5 bad minutes at the end of Game 4, Detroit has taken control of this series. I fully expect them to close out Tampa Monday, but we'll see.

Bollocks.
RUDE
Captain Serbia

Postby Serbia on Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:57 am

Ugh. Game 7 for Detroit tonight. I hope they can pull out a win, as a series with Montreal would be great fun. Really I'm hoping not to lose a close one late or in OT, as that would be the harshest way. If we're going to lose, I hope we're down 6-0 at the end of the 1st period. It'll make losing so much easier.

Bollocks.
RUDE
Captain Serbia

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,