Conquer Club

coronavirus - The Legacy

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: coronavirus - The Legacy

Postby jusplay4fun on Sat May 08, 2021 7:50 pm

The ram wrote:Lockdown is easing in Britain. You can sit outside a pub and have a drink now. Another 4 weeks and you can go into the pub, there will obviously be restrictions and social distancing but all that goes out the window once the great British public have a skinful, thank God.

I don't think we've heard the last of this by a long way in Europe. I see the media already scaremongering about all these different strains and how the vaccine doesn't work so well on them. Setting the scene for next winter's lockdown. It could be a case of having the vaccine next winter and everything returns to normal, I don't think so, though.

The two keys to returning to normal:

1) easing of the number of cases and the number of COVID deaths, hospitalizations, percent positivity, and other such numbers.

This is happening in most of the USA. India is having a terrible time of it, and we do not know how it will affect Africa and other parts of the world not yet getting large numbers of the vaccine doses, YET. The USA will likely give away LARGE amounts of the vaccine to such poor nations.

2) Achieving "Herd Immunity". That will happen when about 75% get the vaccine. Since there is some 20% (best estimates in the USA) who refuse to get the vaccine, getting there will be difficult. Also, another 20% are not sure ("on the fence") so we need to get 75% of that 20% to get to Herd Immunity.

The USA has already seen a drop in the # getting the vaccine. Recently, that # was over 4 million per week and now we are below 1 million per week. We are beginning to level off, even though the total number vaccinated is not yet reach 1/2 the US population.

also:
3) It is likely that we will need yearly vaccines, like the flu shot now as well as the one for pneumonia, two other diseases that harm the lungs and the respiratory system.

4) We will learn more about this virus and better ways to deal with it and its symptoms, too.
JP4Fun

Major jusplay4fun

Postby HitRed on Sat May 08, 2021 10:55 pm

I’m not wearing a mask anymore in convince stores or Walmart. They don’t care. It’s important others see that.
Major HitRed

Postby jusplay4fun on Mon May 10, 2021 9:29 pm

HitRed wrote:I’m not wearing a mask anymore in convince stores or Walmart. They don’t care. It’s important others see that.

You may have to convince those in the convenience store that your actions are based on Science and/or the Democrat party political agenda. :D
JP4Fun

Major jusplay4fun

Postby The ram on Wed May 12, 2021 5:23 am

Everything about this virus seems to fit in with the left and how they strive for utter control.

Once the furlough scheme ends and the loans need repaying a lot of countries can expect certain austerity measures. During times of austerity the people tend to vote for the left.

Just a few days ago here in Britain, the left received a damn good kicking in at the voting booths. Their woke bollocks is so out of touch with the silent majority and they are dying a death, thank God. Really makes me think that the election in USA was rigged, or maybe there's just so many more mentally ill people in yankiedoodleland.
General The ram

Postby jusplay4fun on Tue May 25, 2021 1:59 am

The ram wrote:Everything about this virus seems to fit in with the left and how they strive for utter control.

Once the furlough scheme ends and the loans need repaying a lot of countries can expect certain austerity measures. During times of austerity the people tend to vote for the left.

Just a few days ago here in Britain, the left received a damn good kicking in at the voting booths. Their woke bollocks is so out of touch with the silent majority and they are dying a death, thank God. Really makes me think that the election in USA was rigged, or maybe there's just so many more mentally ill people in yankiedoodleland.

Really? The COVID Virus is a left wing conspiracy? That sounds like a right wing conspiracy theory to me.
JP4Fun

Major jusplay4fun

Postby jusplay4fun on Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:52 pm

I think that the aftermath of the July 4 holidays in the USA will indicate how the COVID will spread or NOT in USA. We need to watch and examine the cases over the next 3-4 weeks carefully. As the # of newly vaccinated plateaus in the USA, this examination will be very important, imo.

The best current scientific consensus SEEMS to be that those areas with LOW vaccination rates, especially states in the South, such as Mississippi, may see a huge rise in cases, especially the Delta Variation. I(Why is Mississippi always near the bottom for so many socio-economic parameters...??)

f there are LOTS of death among the unvaccinated, I wonder if saxi will then get vaccinated. And if many of those who die from COVID are of his age bracket...??

COVID seems a "normal" virus in that the young are less likely to get a severe case and they have few deaths due to COVID. My understanding of the so called "Spanish" flu of 1918 was that it attacked and killed many more who were younger and healthier BEFORE the got that Flu strain, a very ODD virus in those regards.

I get the Flu shot each year, having had 2 rather serious bouts of the Flu; and the vaccine is not a serious risk to me. To me, COVID has always been a virulent and dangerous type of Flu or acts like a REALLY bad Flu (influenza) type disease. I have seen little to convince me otherwise. The # of cases of COVID and the # of deaths are VERY high, and is a THEREFORE a SUPER Flu, to me, for these reasons. But how it transmits, its impact on the human body, and its attack on elderly and those with certain medical conditions reminds me LOTS of the Flu. Many in assisted living places ("nursing home") die from the Flu each year.
JP4Fun

Major jusplay4fun

Postby HitRed on Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:10 pm

Wait for it!

If you have been injured breathing in loose fibers from a COVID mask call our law firm now! People who have suffered health complications as a result of defective masks may be entitled to monetary compensation for their suffering. We’re here to help you (help us, haha)!
Major HitRed

Postby jusplay4fun on Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:26 pm

HitRed wrote:Wait for it!

If you have been injured breathing in loose fibers from a COVID mask call our law firm now! People who have suffered health complications as a result of defective masks may be entitled to monetary compensation for their suffering. We’re here to help you (help us, haha)!

CALL 1-800-LAW-4-YOU

Operators are standing by. Be sure to send my 15% cut to me via PayPal...! or BitCoin, if you prefer....LoL :D
JP4Fun

Major jusplay4fun

Previous

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,