Conquer Club

Inverters

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Inverters

Postby HitRed on Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:07 am

I will be purchasing two of these this weekend along with 4 long electrical cords and a 1,475 watt hot plate. Seems inverters are better for electronics, easier to carry, and quieter. Standard generators are better for work tools.

There is also an option to pair them.

Major HitRed

Re: Inverters

Postby KoolBak on Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:12 am

Um...technically, it is STILL a generator. An invertor simply transforms one binary signal to another, e.g., AC to DC.

That said, I've never seen one targeted to sensitive electronics and super efficient operation....very cool. $550 here...spendy....

Going for induction hot plate or standard? Used my induction while we were without power for 2 weeks recently...saved our asses :lol:
"Gypsy told my fortune...she said that nothin showed...."

Neil Young....Like An Inca

AND:
riskllama wrote:Koolbak wins this thread.
Corporal KoolBak

Postby HitRed on Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:49 pm

I went with conventional. I wasn't aware of induction and had to look it up, interesting.

Sine Wave - sometimes called stable, clean or pure. From what I understand PURE is the best for electronics.

HitRed
Major HitRed

Postby Doc_Brown on Wed Mar 17, 2021 4:44 pm

HitRed wrote:I went with conventional. I wasn't aware of induction and had to look it up, interesting.

Sine Wave - sometimes called stable, clean or pure. From what I understand PURE is the best for electronics.

HitRed

Clean power is definitely good for electronics. The place I used to work had a lot of very high-end semiconductor/electronics manufacturing tools (multi million $ equipment). Early on in the company, the power in the area was really poor and we'd have brown-outs every time a storm rolled through, so we put in a massive diesel generator and then added a flywheel switch gear. All the power going to the manufacturing floor went through the flywheel system. If we lost power, the flywheel would keep things going for about 60 seconds while the diesel generator spun up so we'd have no interruptions. That also meant that all those manufacturing tools constantly saw very nice sine-wave power and lasted far longer than manufacturer predictions (some of the tools were 30 years old and still running well).
Major Doc_Brown

Postby KoolBak on Wed Mar 17, 2021 5:09 pm

Yeah HR, we recently replaced ALL appliances in our kitchen after close to 30 years (ouch...I did all the work so saved a few grand, which helped a lot).

Anyhow, went with an induction cooktop...fucking LOVE it...I do all the cooking, so kitchen bitch APPROVES :lol:

Had to get all new pans as they hafta be ferrous, but it kicks ass with all my cast iron. Really a cool technology.

Dig the little generator....love to have one for camping.
"Gypsy told my fortune...she said that nothin showed...."

Neil Young....Like An Inca

AND:
riskllama wrote:Koolbak wins this thread.
Corporal KoolBak

Postby HitRed on Thu Mar 18, 2021 7:49 pm

Done.
Major HitRed

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,