Conquer Club

Suez Canal BLOCKED

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Who is at the helm of the MV Ever Given?

A Woman
No votes
A Korean
13%
A Korean Woman
25%
Joe Biden
63%

Total votes : 8

Re: Suez Canal BLOCKED

Postby saxitoxin on Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:59 pm

Did you have to learn "Low Bridge" in elementary school music? I hated that song but the lyrics won't get out of my head.

HitRed wrote:Image
Preferred Pronouns: We / Everyone
My Body, My Choice
Sergeant saxitoxin

Postby Dukasaur on Mon Mar 29, 2021 4:47 pm

If you wanna know your neighbour....
You wanna know your pal...

:D
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby jusplay4fun on Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:07 am

Why does Sackett have an image for a Chess Knight and then talk of dice? Is this a new game, combining the two?

BTW: I have read that Risk combines the randomness of dice with the strategy of Chess. Is this the idea. I am aware of the TV Western called "Have Fun will Travel."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Have_Gun_%E2%80%93_Will_Travel

OK, I read at the link above and this begins to make sense, BUT dice and Chess are still .....confusing.....and non sequitur

Paladin gives out a business card imprinted with "Have Gun Will Travel" and an engraving of a white knight chess piece, which evokes the proverbial white knight and the knight in shining armor. A closeup of this card is used as a title card between scenes in the program.

ALSO:
When out working, Paladin changes into all-black Western-style clothing. His primary weapon is a custom-made, first-generation .45 caliber Colt Single Action Army Cavalry Model revolver[10] with an unusual rifled barrel, carried in a black leather holster (with a platinum chess knight symbol facing the rear), hanging from a black leather gunbelt.

Sackett58 wrote:The occurring problem down the road are this Ultra ships which can carry 18,000+ containers might be too big for the Suez to handle. They have such a large profile that the 30+ mph winds that this ship encountered would make it difficult to maneuver even with a port pilot on board and visibility if the sands pick up.
JP4Fun

Major jusplay4fun

Postby jusplay4fun on Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:03 pm

NOW that the ship is afloat, Saxi can change the TITLE, as he is prone to do. :D
JP4Fun

Major jusplay4fun

Postby Sackett58 on Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:08 am

jusplay4fun wrote:Why does Sackett have an image for a Chess Knight and then talk of dice? Is this a new game, combining the two?

BTW: I have read that Risk combines the randomness of dice with the strategy of Chess. Is this the idea. I am aware of the TV Western called "Have Fun will Travel."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Have_Gun_%E2%80%93_Will_Travel

OK, I read at the link above and this begins to make sense, BUT dice and Chess are still .....confusing.....and non sequitur

Paladin gives out a business card imprinted with "Have Gun Will Travel" and an engraving of a white knight chess piece, which evokes the proverbial white knight and the knight in shining armor. A closeup of this card is used as a title card between scenes in the program.

ALSO:
When out working, Paladin changes into all-black Western-style clothing. His primary weapon is a custom-made, first-generation .45 caliber Colt Single Action Army Cavalry Model revolver[10] with an unusual rifled barrel, carried in a black leather holster (with a platinum chess knight symbol facing the rear), hanging from a black leather gunbelt.

Sackett58 wrote:The occurring problem down the road are this Ultra ships which can carry 18,000+ containers might be too big for the Suez to handle. They have such a large profile that the 30+ mph winds that this ship encountered would make it difficult to maneuver even with a port pilot on board and visibility if the sands pick up.

I am confusing, maybe because I am a Pisces(Pisces are continually pulled in 2 different directions). Maybe I was going for a kinder gentler Paladin. Then again Paladin(played by Richard Boone) was one of the first anti-heroes on TV. A hired gun who had a code of ethics. 24 episodes were written by Gene Roddenberry of Star Trek fame.
2010-04-24 18:51:35 - MrMoody: OMG I'm in a game with stunna, what is up with this?
Major Sackett58

Postby jusplay4fun on Fri Apr 02, 2021 2:26 am

Now the Suez Canal is OPEN:

Suez Canal reopens after Ever Given cargo ship successfully refloated
Traffic resumed through the crucial waterway Monday after days of intense salvage efforts to free the Ever Given.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/suez-canal-ship-ever-given-partially-refloated-after-huge-effort-n1262299

We can now close this thread. Crises OVER; let the lawsuits begin.

Egypt May Seek $1 Billion in Damages for Suez Canal Crisis
By Tarek El-Tablawy and Mirette Magdy
April 1, 2021, 4:13 AM EDT Updated on April 1, 2021, 6:24 AM EDT

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-04-01/egypt-may-seek-1-billion-in-compensation-for-suez-canal-crisis
JP4Fun

Major jusplay4fun

Previous

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,