Conquer Club

Toast or Biscuits

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Order Up!

Toast
50%
Biscuits
50%

Total votes : 8

Re: Toast or Biscuits

Postby jusplay4fun on Sat May 22, 2021 1:34 am

I would agree that diet can impact many diseases and we need to moderate what we eat; again, not eating too much and not eating too much of certain foods.

Eating too much grain is in the above category of my overall view, stated above.

I need to cut
1) calorie intake overall (I need to eat less, PERIOD) and
2) my sugar intake specifically.

My understanding is that grains (and complex carbohydrates) will be broken down by the body into sugars (simple carbohydrates). Further, any sugar that is not "burned" by the body is converted to and stored as fat.

So I hope to use this discussion to motivate me to eat less. I have started to exercise more, but it seems to be better to avoid the calorie intake in the first place rather than try to burn those extra calories by doing lots of exercise.
JP4Fun

Major jusplay4fun

Postby jusplay4fun on Sat May 22, 2021 1:49 am

Koolbak, I am glad that you beat your cancer. A comeback from stage 4 is difficult and needs to be commended.

As I review this discussion, I am reminded of FIVE key words of wisdom inscribed at the Temple at Delphi:

Which phrase is inscribed in the porch of the Temple of Apollo at Delphi?
The Ancient Greek aphorism "know thyself", is one of the Delphic maxims and was the first of three maxims inscribed in the pronaos (forecourt) of the Temple of Apollo at Delphi according to the Greek writer Pausanias (10.24.1). The two maxims that followed "know thyself" were "nothing to excess" and "surety brings ruin".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Know_thyself

https://quizzclub.com/games/welcome/which-phrase-is-inscribed-in-the-porch-of-the-temple-of-apollo-at-delphi/answer/1577066/
JP4Fun

Major jusplay4fun

Postby mookiemcgee on Sat May 22, 2021 12:59 pm

I can't believe biscuits are winning, this is a travesty. The only way i can explain it is there are a bunch of confused UK people voting for cookies
saxitoxin wrote:deaths among the unvaccinated are higher.
Colonel mookiemcgee

Postby Keefie on Sat May 22, 2021 1:21 pm

Those 'biscuits' look like scones to me.

Captain Keefie
Chatter
Chatter

Postby KoolBak on Sun May 23, 2021 6:30 am

JP....thanks manno :D Excess....a very interesting term to objectify :lol:

DoD. As far as dementia, it literally cannot be reversed. The brain is disintegrating. That function / those memories / that PERSON are GONE.

To wrap you religious extremists into this, I had an interesting discussion with a token priest the hospital sent into my mom's room with our entire family as her body shut down. My beautiful mother was gone a year prior. Anyway, this arrogant fool thinks his job is to provide support to everyone whether they want it or not.

He left in a rather unhappy huff in the middle of our discussion. Made me feel much better, so he accomplished his task.

Back to food!

Scones vs. biscuits - this is what the internet gods told me:

The main distinction between biscuits and scones is their texture. Biscuits are flaky and buttery. Scones, on the other hand, are dense and crunchy, drier and crumblier than their fluffy counterparts. This is because biscuits have more butter, while scone recipes employ heavier ingredients like heavy cream.
"Gypsy told my fortune...she said that nothin showed...."

Neil Young....Like An Inca

AND:
riskllama wrote:Koolbak wins this thread.
Corporal KoolBak

Postby mookiemcgee on Sun May 23, 2021 10:18 am

this made me laugh
saxitoxin wrote:deaths among the unvaccinated are higher.
Colonel mookiemcgee

Previous

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,