Conquer Club

What is a country?

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Which of these are countries?

Neither is a country
20%
Both are countries
50%
Wales is a country, Taiwan is not
10%
Wales is not a country, Taiwan is
20%

Total votes : 10

What is a country?

Postby bigtoughralf on Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:00 am

Help me settle an argument on Reddit plz

Wales and Taiwan, which is/isn’t a country and why
Corporal 1st Class bigtoughralf

Re: What is a country?

Postby Dukasaur on Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:59 pm

Both are countries.

Wales was independent for 800 years. After being conquered by the English, it nonetheless retained a separate culture and identity. English gradually became dominant, but the Welsh language never vanished. Enough of the countryside continued to speak Welsh, and enough authors and poets wrote in it, to make it a legitimate language and not just a museum-piece. Recently, tentative steps have been taken to restore Welsh autonomy -- since 1998, there is a Welsh parliament of sorts, which gradually has been acquiring more functionality.

Taiwan, or more properly the Republic of China, is a country. Strictly speaking, it IS China -- the part of China that has not succumbed to the communist dirtbags which have conquered most of the mainland. Although most of the world treats the communist conquest as being a fait accompli, the fact remains that the Chinese have never actually surrendered to the communists.
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby jusplay4fun on Wed Sep 01, 2021 7:05 pm

I agree with Duk regarding Taiwan. It is a country and does not take commands from the Communists in the Mainland.

As for Wales, its status depends on how you DEFINE a country. Wales is more a country than Afghanistan, which are lines on the map with many different languages, ethnic groups, and tribes that have not been effectively governed by a Central Government. Based on what I know, Wales has one main Language (other than English) and is essentially one people which are generally united in their approach to the U.K. However, I am sure there are factions that have some opposing views on some issues of government, politics, and the economy.

On a slightly different topic, but with some relevance; Is Pluto a planet? It depends on your definition of a planet. (BTW: the IAU defines Pluto as a "Dwarf Planet."

Question
Why is Pluto no longer a planet?
Answer
The International Astronomical Union (IAU) downgraded the status of Pluto to that of a dwarf planet because it did not meet the three criteria the IAU uses to define a full-sized planet. Essentially Pluto meets all the criteria except one—it “has not cleared its neighboring region of other objects.”
JP4Fun

Major jusplay4fun

Postby bigtoughralf on Thu Sep 02, 2021 2:52 am

This poll says I win my argument and am very clever. Good!
Corporal 1st Class bigtoughralf

Postby jonesthecurl on Thu Sep 02, 2021 3:16 am

Anyone who thinks Wales isn't a country, I suggest you visit the Rugby club in, say, Port Talbot and say that loudly.
instagram.com/garethjohnjoneswrites
Sergeant 1st Class jonesthecurl

Postby Dukasaur on Thu Sep 02, 2021 4:56 am

bigtoughralf wrote:This poll says I win my argument and am very clever. Good!
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby saxitoxin on Thu Sep 02, 2021 10:58 pm

I haven't been to either one. Only places I've been to exist. All other places are just the potential of unrealized imagination.
Preferred Pronouns: We / Everyone
My Body, My Choice
Sergeant saxitoxin

Postby jusplay4fun on Fri Sep 03, 2021 5:28 am

saxitoxin wrote:I haven't been to either one. Only places I've been to exist. All other places are just the potential of unrealized imagination.

Now we see the extent of how much saxi rejects because 1) he has not seen it, and/or 2) he has not been there.

suxi has such a limited mental ability as he can barely see, image, or understand the future.

Because we only have about 12 months of data about COVID vaccines, he cannot image that they work anywhere beyond 12 months.
JP4Fun

Major jusplay4fun

Postby DoomYoshi on Fri Sep 03, 2021 6:21 am

I have to agree with saxi here. Neither is on Wikipedia's list of countries:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_c ... production

But Réunion made the list, even before Switzerland. Who would've thought that Switzerland was less a country than Réunion?
Hunter S. Thompson wrote:The Edge... There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over..
Major DoomYoshi

Postby KoolBak on Fri Sep 03, 2021 8:21 am

According to Descartes, that's a valid stance. Well played Sexi.
"Gypsy told my fortune...she said that nothin showed...."

Neil Young....Like An Inca

AND:
riskllama wrote:Koolbak wins this thread.
Corporal KoolBak

Postby saxitoxin on Fri Sep 03, 2021 10:09 am

jusplay4fun wrote:Because we only have about 12 months of data about COVID vaccines, he cannot image that they work anywhere beyond 12 months.

When it comes to injecting things into myself, I prefer science to imagination.
My Body, My Choice
Sergeant saxitoxin

Postby jusplay4fun on Fri Sep 03, 2021 8:51 pm

saxitoxin wrote:I haven't been to either one. Only places I've been to exist. All other places are just the potential of unrealized imagination.

“I suppose therefore that all things I see are illusions; I believe that nothing has ever existed of everything my lying memory tells me. I think I have no senses. I believe that body, shape, extension, motion, location are functions. What is there then that can be taken as true? Perhaps only this one thing, that nothing at all is certain.”
― Rene Descartes

typical suxi; misquotes, misleads, confuses things, and shows his illogic and his obfuscation.

JUS a few more quotes, to give Descartes his due:

“Reason is nothing without imagination.”
— René Descartes

It is not enough to have a good mind; the main thing is to use it well. Rene Descartes

and, of course:
I think; therefore I am. Rene Descartes
JP4Fun

Major jusplay4fun

Postby jusplay4fun on Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:24 pm

saxitoxin wrote:
jusplay4fun wrote:Because we only have about 12 months of data about COVID vaccines, he cannot image that they work anywhere beyond 12 months.

https://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=235202&start=500

Science says to get the injection: the Fauci Ouchi
JP4Fun

Major jusplay4fun

Postby DoomYoshi on Sat Sep 04, 2021 12:44 pm

So if Wales is such a country, how come they don't have country music?
Hunter S. Thompson wrote:The Edge... There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over..
Major DoomYoshi

Postby jonesthecurl on Sat Sep 04, 2021 12:51 pm

They have male voice choirs instead.

Postby jusplay4fun on Sun Sep 05, 2021 2:52 am

jusplay4fun wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:

https://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=235202&start=500

Follow the Science:

Science says to get the injection: the Fauci Ouchi

Dr. Fauci On GOP Criticism: ‘Attacks On Me, Quite Frankly, Are Attacks On Science’

TOPLINE Dr. Anthony Fauci fired back against criticism by Republican lawmakers Wednesday, insisting his guidance throughout the coronavirus pandemic has been based on scientific evidence and that “science and truth are being attacked.”

KEY FACTS
Republican lawmakers have accused Fauci of “flip-flopping” on wearing masks and downplaying the possibility the pandemic started with a lab leak in Wuhan, China.

Fauci told MSNBC’s Chuck Todd on Wednesday his coronavirus guidance has evolved with new data: “That’s what’s called . . . the scientific process,” Fauci said. “As you get more information, it’s essential that you change your opinion, because you’ve got to be guided by the science and the current data.”
JP4Fun

Major jusplay4fun

Postby saxitoxin on Sun Sep 05, 2021 3:22 am

“That’s what’s called . . . the scientific process,” Fauci said. “As you get more information, it’s essential that you change your opinion, because you’ve got to be guided by the science and the current data.”

He's right. That's the exact reason it's irresponsible to claim a vaccine with limited safety data is 100% safe. As you get more information, you may need to change your opinion, because you’ve got to be guided by the science and the current data.
My Body, My Choice
Sergeant saxitoxin

Postby jusplay4fun on Sun Sep 05, 2021 3:43 am

saxitoxin wrote:
“That’s what’s called . . . the scientific process,” Fauci said. “As you get more information, it’s essential that you change your opinion, because you’ve got to be guided by the science and the current data.”

He's right. That's the exact reason it's irresponsible to claim a vaccine with limited safety data is 100% safe. As you get more information, you may need to change your opinion, because you’ve got to be guided by the science and the current data.

I am glad that you agree with both Dr. Fauci and me.

I am guided by the Science and have been so from the start of my discussions here. You keep changing your facts to support the untenable that the COVID vaccines are inherently unsafe.

We have already discussed the 100%. OLD news, time to move on.

AGAIN, nothing new here.

I had HOPES for you, suxi; you are back to your former ways of irresponsibility, OBFUSCATION, deception, and your attempts to peddle Fake News. OLD news, move on.
JP4Fun

Major jusplay4fun

Postby Dukasaur on Sun Sep 05, 2021 10:22 am

We already have at least two threads for arguing about vaccines. Do we really need to inject this into every thread?
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby riskllama on Sun Sep 05, 2021 12:34 pm

Dukasaur wrote:We already have at least two threads for arguing about vaccines. Do we really need to inject this into every thread?

duk wins this thread.
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby jonesthecurl on Sun Sep 05, 2021 1:08 pm

That will make him feel vein,

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,