Conquer Club

Remembering 9-11 ,20th Ann./Official Thread 2021!!!

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Remembering 9-11 ,20th Ann./Official Thread 2021!!!

Postby ConfederateSS on Sat Sep 11, 2021 4:13 am

-------9-11 ...20th Ann. Remembering...were you where,or what you were doing ,when the planes hit the Towers...

-------So ,1st I didn't say Happy 9-11 day....I say Happy Pearl Harbor Day...maybe because it was long ago and I wasn't alive,but is a big thing in America...The fact that we bombed Japan with a secret weapon ,got even...I don't know....But 9-11 seems different to me somehow than Japan....Japan hit military targets with Honor...I know,sneak attack,but if not for people who type worse than me...Japan's declaration of war would have been on time...Would have been a war attack instead....9-11 ,was a coward attack...Yes, I know the Pentagon,maybe the White House...But still civilians were targeted...sad... :(
-------First ,let me tell you of a friend I play poker with...His brother was an officer on a ship...That in 1997 had Binladen targeted ,and could kill him with a missile strike....The ship asked for orders...The orders came back,I don't know from Clinton,Sec,if Defense,or an Admiral....But the order came back,NO...do not engage....DAMN..could have stopped,an Attack on America...and wars in Iraq and Afghanistan....Nice job, Democrats in charge in 1997... :x
---------So,I was working midnights at the Shell Gas Station across the Street from Old Tiger Stadium,Corktown ,Downtown Detroit...After working days in my family's market...The Tigers were out of town...that day...All of Corktown revolved around the Tigers.....So anyway...I got off work ,drove home...Knowing after only a few hours sleep I would be back in Corktown...At our store....When I got home ,got something to eat...Turned on the T.V....Just regular T.V. commercial...Then I see a plane hit the 1st building...I just don't pay attention...Kool...I am looking for Bruce Willis...I am thinking ,I am watching a Die Hard movie I haven't seen.... Minutes later Bang...You see live ,the second Plane hit the second tower...I turn the sound up... Realizing...WOW!!! This is real....A weird feeling of...Did this just happen,...
------So I go to work at the store...Everyone talks about the attack...all day...I get off from the store ,and Head home...Head back to work at the Gas Station....Around 3:00 a.m. a Tow truck driver,I have never seen before stops in...Gets a pop, cigarettes...We talk...He asks me so what do you think about what happened in New York...The Attack....But he is asking in an unusual way....I said I think it is terrible....But when he asked me,He was asking,because he thought I was Arabic...Because ,I work in a gas station...I tell him,a Swiss family has owned this Gas Station..since 1930,it used to be in what is now the middle of I-75 freeway...The Highway gave them this spot across from Tiger Stadium...
-------Anyway ,when he realized I wasn't Arabic...He laughed at his mistake...I think he was looking for trouble,if you know what I mean....The Detroit News and Free Press ,both papers came....I took one of each still have them....I told my oldest daughter in 2011...she could use them,I thought the 10th Ann would be big...She said,nothing in school said about 9-11...I said,really you don't have to do a report...No!she said....In 2016...15th Ann...I asked my youngest daughter...Did they say anything about 9-11 in school,she said No!...Man America sucks,how it is teaching History to our kids....You can see why,I wrote my Thread...The Attack On History Must Stop!!!...Sad America...Real sad... :( :( :( .
... O:) ConfederateSS.out!(The Blue and Silver Rebellion)... O:)
Last edited by ConfederateSS on Sat Sep 11, 2021 5:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Major ConfederateSS

Location: THE CONFEDERATE STATES of AMERICA and THE OLD WEST!

Re: Remembering 9-11 ,20th Ann./Official Thread 2021!!!

Postby jusplay4fun on Sat Sep 11, 2021 4:25 am

I find it so SAD that the UNITY we had as a nation on September 12, 2001 has degenerated into such divisiveness and rancor and political ill will only twenty years later.

I find lots of irony, sadness. and disappointment in how things have evolved politically and socially since 9/11.

Yes, the USA has lots of problems, for sure, YES, we are not perfect or any where near that.

BUT we are not evil and the USA is not full of racists and haters**. That is the false narratives of too many who do not understand the world and do not comprehend History. They try to rewrite History with a false narrative. The USA is full of people who are tolerant. That tolerance is turned against us to foment hatred of fellow Americans.

**(Yes, HR, there are lots of sinners in the USA, and the rest of the world, too.)
JP4Fun

Major jusplay4fun

Postby ConfederateSS on Sat Sep 11, 2021 5:11 am

jusplay4fun wrote:I find it so SAD that the UNITY we had as a nation on September 12, 2001 has degenerated into such divisiveness and rancor and political ill will only twenty years later.

I find lots of irony, sadness. and disappointment in how things have evolved politically and socially since 9/11.

Yes, the USA has lots of problems, for sure, YES, we are not perfect or any where near that.

BUT we are not evil and the USA is not full of racists and haters**. That is the false narratives of too many who do not understand the world and do not comprehend History. They try to rewrite History with a false narrative. The USA is full of people who are tolerant. That tolerance is turned against us to foment hatred of fellow Americans.

**(Yes, HR, there are lots of sinners in the USA, and the rest of the world, too.)

--------But,do remember ,what you were doing at that moment,or when you 1st heard of the Attack?......Extra Font...Back on the ball... :D ;) .... O:) ConfederateSS.out!(The Blue and Silver Rebellion)... O:)
Major ConfederateSS

Postby HitRed on Sat Sep 11, 2021 5:35 am

I had a pager and only a simple computer with email. There was no streaming internet news where I worked. It wasnā€™t till I got home I could see the footage. There was a feeling We Lost.

911 changed everything. Kids today will never go to the airport and watch though the glass as their grandparents airplane taxis up to the terminal.

show
Major HitRed

Postby bigtoughralf on Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:27 am

9/11 was a sad day. Supplied the propaganda for the US and other Western countries to vilify and persecute Muslims for 20 years and counting. It's a shame because it seems like the only chance for the Islamophobia to subside is for the Westerns to move on to a new scapegoat, who will then suffer in Muslims' place.
Corporal 1st Class bigtoughralf

Postby saxitoxin on Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:21 pm

The President conducted an official visit to the former WTC firehouse today. To do so, he retraced the steps of his famous walk of 9/11/2001 when he inspected Ground Zero in what became one of the most enduring images of that day.

At the firehouse, he was cheered by uniformed New York City firefighters who joined him in denouncing the geriatric despot currently living in the White House. "We miss you!" they screamed at the President and "Greatest President ever!"

"He came here and didn't even speak!" the President said of Old Joe.
"That's because he can't finish a sentence!" a firefighter yelled back, to applause.

Preferred Pronouns: We / Everyone
My Body, My Choice
Sergeant saxitoxin

Postby Dukasaur on Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:34 pm

Leave it to saxipuke to poison a sombre day of remembrance with some partisan horseshit.
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby jusplay4fun on Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:39 pm

ConfederateSS wrote:
jusplay4fun wrote:I find it so SAD that the UNITY we had as a nation on September 12, 2001 has degenerated into such divisiveness and rancor and political ill will only twenty years later.

--------But,do remember ,what you were doing at that moment,or when you 1st heard of the Attack?......Extra Font...Back on the ball... :D ;) .... O:) ConfederateSS.out!(The Blue and Silver Rebellion)... O:)

14 fatalities, in ALL

I think you omitted a word there, ConfSS: "Do YOU remember....."

Yes I do, as I remember when I first heard of the Challenger "blowing up" after take off in 1986.

In both cases I was in school as a teacher. On 9/11, I was too engaged to watch anything on TV UNTIL after the 2nd WTC Tower was hit. I was AMAZED and shocked by the amount of destruction. When I heard earlier about the first hit, I assumed (as did then President George W. Bush**) that it was a small airplane, such as a single engine private plane that hit, such as the one that hit the Empire State Building a long time ago. ** I saw a TV show earlier today (on NatGeo) where President Bush was interviewed 10 years after in 2011 and he said that.

When the Challenger was destroyed, I went up and down the Hall to tell other teachers to turn on their televisions to learn what happened. I am not sure I actually saw it LIVE, but, as I recall, I had it on as "background" while I did other duties. I think we were in Exam mode and students were not there that day as we JUS completed most of our January Exams. (January 28, 1986)

Well, now that I looked up the incident, the plane that hit the Empire State Building was not quite THAT small, but had little impact, in comparison to the 9/11 HITS.

On Saturday, July 28, 1945, Lieutenant Colonel William F. Smith Jr. was piloting a B-25 Mitchell bomber on a routine personnel transport mission from Bedford Army Air Field in Massachusetts to Newark Metropolitan Airport in New Jersey.[2][3][4] Smith asked for clearance to land, but he was advised of zero visibility.[5] Proceeding anyway, he became disoriented by the fog and turned right instead of left after passing the Chrysler Building.[6]

At 9:40 a.m., the aircraft crashed into the north side of the Empire State Building, between the 78th and 80th floors, making an 18-by-20-foot (5.5 m Ɨ 6.1 m) hole in the building[7] into the offices of the War Relief Services and the National Catholic Welfare Council. One engine shot through the south side opposite the impact and flew as far as the next block, dropping 900 feet (270 m) and landing on the roof of a nearby building and causing a fire that destroyed a penthouse art studio. The other engine and part of the landing gear fell down an elevator shaft. The resulting fire was extinguished in 40 minutes. The Empire State Building fire is the highest structural fire to be brought under control by firefighters.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1945_Empire_State_Building_B-25_crash
JP4Fun

Major jusplay4fun

Postby saxitoxin on Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:46 pm

Dukasaur wrote:Leave it to saxipuke to poison a sombre day of remembrance with some partisan horseshit.

No. I was reporting what the 9/11 heroes, the firefighters, were saying today. They should not be silenced.
My Body, My Choice
Sergeant saxitoxin

Postby jusplay4fun on Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:05 pm

bigtoughralf wrote:9/11 was a sad day. Supplied the propaganda for the US and other Western countries to vilify and persecute Muslims for 20 years and counting. It's a shame because it seems like the only chance for the Islamophobia to subside is for the Westerns to move on to a new scapegoat, who will then suffer in Muslims' place.

so, as Christians, at least many of us, we should turn the other cheek, forget and forgive, and also....

Allow our women and daughters to be raped and used as sex slaves?

And allow our men to get beheaded?

We cannot defend ourselves? from violent and murderous extremists of any sort? Muslim or Hindu or Communists? or...??

ALL Islamophobia is due ONLY to 9/11? and there are no other reasons to be wary of SOME Muslim extremists?

And where was the condemnation of violent Muslim extremists from the Muslim world?
JP4Fun

Major jusplay4fun

Postby HitRed on Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:10 pm

HitRed wrote:A few years ago I posted on CC Godā€™s messages from the week of 9/11. The day after the attacks we were hurt, upset and soon planning to strike back. He was talking about forgiveness.

Forgiveness was the better move but American wasnā€™t ready for forgiveness. Doubt I was either. Even the women I can remember wanted war.
Major HitRed

Postby ConfederateSS on Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:39 pm

jusplay4fun wrote:
bigtoughralf wrote:9/11 was a sad day. Supplied the propaganda for the US and other Western countries to vilify and persecute Muslims for 20 years and counting. It's a shame because it seems like the only chance for the Islamophobia to subside is for the Westerns to move on to a new scapegoat, who will then suffer in Muslims' place.

so, as Christians, at least many of us, we should turn the other cheek, forget and forgive, and also....

We cannot defend ourselves? from violent and murderous extremists of any sort? Muslim or Hindu or Communists? or...??

ALL Islamophobia is due ONLY to 9/11? and there are no other reasons to be wary of SOME Muslim extremists?

And where was the condemnation of violent Muslim extremists from the Muslim world?

-------No, Not 9-11...I would say 1979 Hostages...Iran...and later 1990 war in Iraq...As for the USA..
-------.East and West has always been fighting ...Since the Crusades...to the fall of Constantinople....So,I wouldn't blame that on 9-11....Once again,teaching and preserving History is important...not erasing and ignoring it... :D ..
... O:) ConfederateSS.out!(The Blue and Silver Rebellion)... O:)
Major ConfederateSS

Postby ConfederateSS on Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:52 pm

-----I seen the Challenger live,as they would televise ,when they launched rockets and shuttles...My father would make us always watch,later,I watched without him making us...It was horrible...I remember ,the explosion pattern...as it went into 3 ..smoke filled directions...Along with the original smoke going up...Made it look like a 3 pronged pitch fork ,like Neptune/Posiden...That is the best I can describe it...... O:) ConfederateSS.out!(The Blue and Silver Rebellion)... O:)
Major ConfederateSS

Postby jusplay4fun on Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:21 am

ConfederateSS wrote:-----I seen the Challenger live,as they would televise ,when they launched rockets and shuttles...My father would make us always watch,later,I watched without him making us...It was horrible...I remember ,the explosion pattern...as it went into 3 ..smoke filled directions...Along with the original smoke going up...Made it look like a 3 pronged pitch fork ,like Neptune/Posiden...That is the best I can describe it...... O:) ConfederateSS.out!(The Blue and Silver Rebellion)... O:)

Like this..?

JP4Fun

Major jusplay4fun

Postby saxitoxin on Sun Sep 12, 2021 4:13 am

A tale of two anniversaries. The Peacemaker vs The Drone Club

Click image to enlarge.
My Body, My Choice
Sergeant saxitoxin

Postby jusplay4fun on Sun Sep 12, 2021 6:42 am

I need to post at least one picture of 9/11/01

Do not forget.....
JP4Fun

Major jusplay4fun

Postby jusplay4fun on Sun Sep 12, 2021 6:46 am

And do not forget the other two hijacked airplanes on September 11, 2001:

JP4Fun

Major jusplay4fun

Postby ConfederateSS on Sun Sep 12, 2021 9:39 am

--------Thank You Kindly Jp4fun...for the Tower pics... 8-) 8-) 8-) ....Like snaps....I don't know how....I really think it is better for me,not knowing,hey at least I am Honest... :D ...
---------Yes, Saxi...Trump is like the exiled Leader,waiting with the American underground/resistance...To the Foolish ones are thrown out in 2022/2024 and Great Times in America will return... :D :D :D ... O:) ConfederateSS.out!(The Blue and Silver Rebellion)... O:)
Major ConfederateSS

Postby saxitoxin on Sun Sep 12, 2021 1:04 pm

Apparently the President (the real one, not the delusional Alzheimer's patient) also visited the NYPD's 1st Precinct where the command staff invited him to sign the precinct's official logbook for that day!

Last edited by saxitoxin on Sun Sep 12, 2021 1:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
My Body, My Choice
Sergeant saxitoxin

Postby bigtoughralf on Sun Sep 12, 2021 1:04 pm

jusplay4fun wrote:

Fair point. If you allow Ilhan Omar to wear a headscarf in the White House, or a man to have a beard in New York, the logical outcome will be 1 million Arabs descending on the US to rape every woman there. I don't know how I never realised that until now.

Postby riskllama on Sun Sep 12, 2021 3:06 pm

the new US boogeyman is China, isn't it?
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby Dukasaur on Sun Sep 12, 2021 3:08 pm

riskllama wrote:the new US boogeyman is China, isn't it?

I thought it was Biden...:)
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby jusplay4fun on Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:00 pm

Dukasaur wrote:
riskllama wrote:the new US boogeyman is China, isn't it?

I thought it was Biden...:)

It was Trump, for many, and STILL is, for some of them.
JP4Fun

Major jusplay4fun

Postby bigtoughralf on Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:59 am

Not for you, though. For you it's Muslims.

Next

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,