Conquer Club

What is your ethnicity?

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Ethnicity?

Total votes : 0

Re: What is your ethnicity?

Postby GabonX on Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:29 pm

BigBallinStalin wrote:That's usually why I don't debate directly with sax. He knows a lot more than me on certain issues. Maybe that'll quell the Gabon-Alliance and their 'Why Didn't BBS Spend As Much Time Refuting Saxi's Arguments Than His Refuting My Arguments' Operation. I agree that the G-A needs to shorten that operation's name.

You're the one that decided to label everyone that doesn't buy into Saxitoxin's slander about Israel the "Gabon-Alliance"and their 'Why Didn't BBS Spend As Much Time Refuting Saxi's Arguments Than His Refuting My Arguments' ," so I'll leave it to you to come up with a better name.

I know more than you too, but that doesn't seem to factor into things. The bottom line is you have a biased perspective A) in favor of Saxitoxin, and B) against Israel, despite your attempts to portray yourself as moderate. This is of course exemplified by the fact that you made an entire thread alleging that a member be banned for conduct that Saxitoxin engaged in first and much more frequently.
Spazz Arcane wrote:If birds could swim and fish could fly I would awaken in the morning to the sturgeons cry. If fish could fly and birds could swim I'd still use worms to fish for them.
saxitoxin wrote:I'm on Team GabonX
Captain GabonX

Postby GabonX on Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:30 pm

saxitoxin wrote:
DaGip wrote:
BoganGod wrote:
notyou2 wrote:I'm colour blind.

I suspected you of necrofelching(a practise generally reserved for darkness where colour vision is not important). I was wrong, your a necro bumper not felcher. Congrats
I thought about Necrobumping this thread too. The debate of Jews being a race or a religion needs to be answered damnit!

According to 2012 research by Eran Elhaik, a geneticist at Johns Hopkins University, Jews were an ancient people who lived in the Levant and are now totally and completely extinct and do not exist anymore (a few hundred Antique Jews may still exist among the Samaritans who practice the original pagan version of Judaism as it existed prior to the god of agriculture, Yahweh, being proclaimed "the one true God" as a result of an inter-sect dispute).

http://gbe.oxfordjournals.org/content/5/1/75.full

The religion commonly practiced by this extinct people was subsequently aped by a group of Turks who lived in southern Russia in the 800s, who are the ancestors of persons currently self-identifying as "Jews" (kinda like Boston Celtics captain Rajon Rondo; he wears green and clovers and leprechauns but he's not actually a member of an Iron Age North Sea tribe - that's just the theme his team decided to use for fun). Another book that advances a theory similar to Elhaik's is "The Invention of the Jewish People" by Shlomo Sand, a professor of history at Tel Aviv University.

Rajon Rondo - not literally Celtic

This is just another example of Saxitoxin being willing to say anything to promote his strain of anti Zionist antisemitism. The often cited white supremacist straw man that Zionism is a racial movement, Jews are not a race, and this somehow invalidates Zionism holds no water as neither premise is true.
That is to say that DNA evidence indicates that most Jews do share a common genetic lineage originating from the Levant, but that this is irrelevant as Zionism was never intended as a racial movement.

A study conducted in 2013 refutes any indication of Khazar origin and suggests that " Ashkenazi Jews share the greatest genetic ancestry with other Jewish populations, and among non-Jewish populations, with groups from Europe and the Middle East. No particular similarity of Ashkenazi Jews with populations from the Caucasus is evident, particularly with the populations that most closely represent the Khazar region. Thus, analysis of Ashkenazi Jews together with a large sample from the region of the Khazar Khaganate corroborates the earlier results that Ashkenazi Jews derive their ancestry primarily from populations of the Middle East and Europe, that they possess considerable shared ancestry with other Jewish populations, and that there is no indication of a significant genetic contribution either from within or from north of the Caucasus region."[9]

Studies of autosomal DNA, which look at the entire DNA mixture, have become increasingly important as the technology develops. They show that Jewish populations have tended to form relatively closely related groups in independent communities, with most in a community sharing significant ancestry in common.[15] For Jewish populations of the diaspora, the genetic composition of Ashkenazi, Sephardi, and Mizrahi Jewish populations show a predominant amount of shared Middle Eastern ancestry. According to Behar, the most parsimonious explanation for this shared Middle Eastern ancestry is that it is "consistent with the historical formulation of the Jewish people as descending from ancient Hebrew and Israelite residents of the Levant" and "the dispersion of the people of ancient Israel throughout the Old World".[16] North African, Italian and others of Iberian origin show variable frequencies of admixture with non-Jewish historical host populations among the maternal lines. In the case of Ashkenazi and Sephardi Jews (in particular Moroccan Jews), who are apparently closely related, the non-Jewish component is mainly southern European. Behar et al. have remarked on an especially close relationship to modern Italians.[17][18] The studies show that the Bene Israel and Black Cochin Jews of India, Beta Israel of Ethiopia, and a portion of the Lemba people of southern Africa, while more closely resembling the local populations of their native countries, have some ancient Jewish descent.[13][19][20][21]
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genetic_studies_on_Jews

So no, Jews are not a "pure race" but they do tend to have a common, albeit deluded lineage. Of course the concept of race is irrelevant in Zionism as Theodore Herzl envisioned Israel as a haven for Jews to be free of antisemitism regardless of their racial origins.
Spazz Arcane wrote:If birds could swim and fish could fly I would awaken in the morning to the sturgeons cry. If fish could fly and birds could swim I'd still use worms to fish for them.
Captain GabonX

Postby saxitoxin on Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:49 pm

GabonX wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:
DaGip wrote:
BoganGod wrote:
notyou2 wrote:I'm colour blind.

I suspected you of necrofelching(a practise generally reserved for darkness where colour vision is not important). I was wrong, your a necro bumper not felcher. Congrats
I thought about Necrobumping this thread too. The debate of Jews being a race or a religion needs to be answered damnit!

According to 2012 research by Eran Elhaik, a geneticist at Johns Hopkins University, Jews were an ancient people who lived in the Levant and are now totally and completely extinct and do not exist anymore (a few hundred Antique Jews may still exist among the Samaritans who practice the original pagan version of Judaism as it existed prior to the god of agriculture, Yahweh, being proclaimed "the one true God" as a result of an inter-sect dispute).

http://gbe.oxfordjournals.org/content/5/1/75.full

The religion commonly practiced by this extinct people was subsequently aped by a group of Turks who lived in southern Russia in the 800s, who are the ancestors of persons currently self-identifying as "Jews" (kinda like Boston Celtics captain Rajon Rondo; he wears green and clovers and leprechauns but he's not actually a member of an Iron Age North Sea tribe - that's just the theme his team decided to use for fun). Another book that advances a theory similar to Elhaik's is "The Invention of the Jewish People" by Shlomo Sand, a professor of history at Tel Aviv University.

Rajon Rondo - not literally Celtic

This is just another example of Saxitoxin being willing to say anything to promote his strain of anti Zionist antisemitism. The often cited white supremacist straw man that Zionism is a racial movement, Jews are not a race, and this somehow invalidates Zionism holds no water as neither premise is true.
That is to say that DNA evidence indicates that most Jews do share a common genetic lineage originating from the Levant, but that this is irrelevant as Zionism was never intended as a racial movement.

A study conducted in 2013 refutes any indication of Khazar origin and suggests that " Ashkenazi Jews share the greatest genetic ancestry with other Jewish populations, and among non-Jewish populations, with groups from Europe and the Middle East. No particular similarity of Ashkenazi Jews with populations from the Caucasus is evident, particularly with the populations that most closely represent the Khazar region. Thus, analysis of Ashkenazi Jews together with a large sample from the region of the Khazar Khaganate corroborates the earlier results that Ashkenazi Jews derive their ancestry primarily from populations of the Middle East and Europe, that they possess considerable shared ancestry with other Jewish populations, and that there is no indication of a significant genetic contribution either from within or from north of the Caucasus region."[9]

Studies of autosomal DNA, which look at the entire DNA mixture, have become increasingly important as the technology develops. They show that Jewish populations have tended to form relatively closely related groups in independent communities, with most in a community sharing significant ancestry in common.[15] For Jewish populations of the diaspora, the genetic composition of Ashkenazi, Sephardi, and Mizrahi Jewish populations show a predominant amount of shared Middle Eastern ancestry. According to Behar, the most parsimonious explanation for this shared Middle Eastern ancestry is that it is "consistent with the historical formulation of the Jewish people as descending from ancient Hebrew and Israelite residents of the Levant" and "the dispersion of the people of ancient Israel throughout the Old World".[16] North African, Italian and others of Iberian origin show variable frequencies of admixture with non-Jewish historical host populations among the maternal lines. In the case of Ashkenazi and Sephardi Jews (in particular Moroccan Jews), who are apparently closely related, the non-Jewish component is mainly southern European. Behar et al. have remarked on an especially close relationship to modern Italians.[17][18] The studies show that the Bene Israel and Black Cochin Jews of India, Beta Israel of Ethiopia, and a portion of the Lemba people of southern Africa, while more closely resembling the local populations of their native countries, have some ancient Jewish descent.[13][19][20][21]
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genetic_studies_on_Jews

So no, Jews are not a "pure race" but they do tend to have a common, albeit deluded lineage. Of course the concept of race is irrelevant in Zionism as Theodore Herzel envisioned Israel as a haven for Jews to be free of antisemitism regardless of their racial origins.

The study to which you're referring was conducted by Yeshiva University, a Orthodox Jewish bible college. Did you not know that or did you make the choice to omit it from your screed to try to make it seem more credible? Note that this is how dishonest Gabby is and the kind of misinformation he's selling. You can't trust him. (I laughed that you did a "search" on Stormfront and found an anonymous poster there happened to mention it [let's not kid ourselves, you're the Stormfront poster, right?] and now are trying to use that to debunk a study published in the MEDLINE-indexed, peer-reviewed Journal of Genome Biology and Evolution while grandstanding a non-reviewed study published by a bible college.)

I'm not a DNA expert and I don't pretend to be. I do believe I am able to make a judgment, however, about who is most qualified to make these kind of observations. And I choose Johns Hopkins University over "Yeshiva University" bible college. Schlomo Sand, the bestselling author of "The Invention of the Jewish People" and professor at Tel Aviv University, (whom I previously mentioned but you chose to ignore) has this to say about your Bible DNA study, Gabby:

It is a bitter irony to see the descendants of Holocaust survivors set out to find a biological Jewish identity: Hitler would certainly have been very pleased!

http://inventionofthejewishpeople.com/2 ... h-origins/

Oh, GabonX. Will you ever stop relying on bible prophecy websites for information? Also, why do you love Hitler so much?
Last edited by saxitoxin on Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Preferred Pronouns: We / Everyone
My Body, My Choice
Sergeant saxitoxin

Postby GabonX on Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:57 pm

Contrary to what Saxitoxin is saying there are many studies from multiple sources (98 references in all) that the article references.
Captain GabonX

Postby saxitoxin on Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:05 pm

GabonX wrote:Contrary to what Saxitoxin is saying there are many studies from multiple sources (98 references in all) that the article references.

You are monumentally stupid. I mean really, really dumb.

The "98 references" are the 98 references appearing in the Wikipedia article "Genetic studies on Jews" (see here) which deals with more than 2 dozen different studies on a variety of topics, not just the 2013 study of the "racial purity of Jews" you were trumpeting 2 minutes ago published by a Bible College :lol: (and that was called Hitlerite by Schlomo Sand).

GabonX - what is it with you and conspiracy theories / bible prophecy? Were you raised in a cult or something? Are you one of those people you think the UN is fluoridating the water to effect mind control?
My Body, My Choice
Sergeant saxitoxin

Postby GabonX on Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:59 pm

saxitoxin wrote:
GabonX wrote:Contrary to what Saxitoxin is saying there are many studies from multiple sources (98 references in all) that the article references.

You are monumentally stupid. I mean really, really dumb.

The "98 references" are the 98 references appearing in the Wikipedia article "Genetic studies on Jews" (see here) which deals with more than 2 dozen different studies on a variety of topics, not just the 2013 study of the "racial purity of Jews" you were trumpeting 2 minutes ago published by a Bible College :lol: (and that was called Hitlerite by Schlomo Sand).

GabonX - what is it with you and conspiracy theories / bible prophecy? Were you raised in a cult or something? Are you one of those people you think the UN is fluoridating the water to effect mind control?

Actually I was referring to all of them, as many of them corroborate the same thing.

I could have just as easily taken this paragraph:
    The maternal lineages of Jewish populations, studied by looking at mitochondrial DNA, are generally more heterogeneous.[10] Scholars such as Harry Ostrer and Raphael Falk believe this indicates that many Jewish males found new mates from European and other communities in the places where they migrated in the diaspora after fleeing ancient Israel.[11] Behar et al. in 2008 published evidence suggesting that about 40% of Ashkenazi Jews originate maternally from just four female founders, who were of Middle Eastern origin, while the populations of Sephardi and Mizrahi Jewish communities "showed no evidence for a narrow founder effect".[10] Evidence for female founders has been observed in other Jewish populations. With the exception of Ethiopian and Indian Jews, it has been argued that all of the Jewish populations have mitochondrial genomes that were of Middle Eastern origin.[12][13] In 2013, Richards et al. to the contrary published work suggesting that an estimated "80 percent of Ashkenazi maternal ancestry comes from women indigenous to Europe, and 8 percent from the Near East, with the rest uncertain".[14] Apparently, in this case, Jewish males migrated to Europe and took new wives from the local population, and converted them to Judaism.

And pointed to say, the 12th reference which links to an article from the American Journal of Human Genetics.

There are many references. It's too much information for me to copy and paste here, so these are really just random selections highlighting a bigger truth.
Captain GabonX

Postby GabonX on Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:01 pm

For the record, there were 8 citations in the original text I posted. Saxitoxin thought it was a valid strategy to focus on one of them he thought was his best bet at invalidating all the others without calling attention to them.
Captain GabonX

Postby saxitoxin on Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:13 pm

GabonX wrote:For the record, there were 8 citations in the original text I posted.

=D> =D> =D>

Your Wikipedia quote cites footnote 13 (the original "study" by Ostrer at the Yeshiva bible college) and footnote 19 (an article about Ostrer's "study"! [published in The Jewish Daily Forward, btw]). In fact, this is what all your (Wikipedia's) "8 citations" are - they're all either the original Bible college study or "news" reports about the Bible college study! :lol:

Jesus Christ, you have to be putting on an act, Gabby. Ain't nobody this dumb. I'm literally laughing out loud at this moment!

(Also, I reported your post for being too epically stupid even for an internet forum. There have to be limits.)
My Body, My Choice
Sergeant saxitoxin

Postby BigBallinStalin on Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:22 pm

GabonX wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:That's usually why I don't debate directly with sax. He knows a lot more than me on certain issues. Maybe that'll quell the Gabon-Alliance and their 'Why Didn't BBS Spend As Much Time Refuting Saxi's Arguments Than His Refuting My Arguments' Operation. I agree that the G-A needs to shorten that operation's name.

You're the one that decided to label everyone that doesn't buy into Saxitoxin's slander about Israel the "Gabon-Alliance"and their 'Why Didn't BBS Spend As Much Time Refuting Saxi's Arguments Than His Refuting My Arguments' ," so I'll leave it to you to come up with a better name.

I know more than you too, but that doesn't seem to factor into things. The bottom line is you have a biased perspective A) in favor of Saxitoxin, and B) against Israel, despite your attempts to portray yourself as moderate. This is of course exemplified by the fact that you made an entire thread alleging that a member be banned for conduct that Saxitoxin engaged in first and much more frequently.

Well, I've already explained to you about my allocation of CC posting resources, but apparently, it doesn't matter how I explain myself--in any logical method.

I've read your posts against saxi, and your posts do not convey what you claim. Either you're full of shit, or you're inept at expressing your alleged knowledge about the issues.

Since you don't give a shit about other people and have failed to demonstrate your alleged knowledge about the matter, I find it very difficult to take your posts seriously.
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby GabonX on Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:25 pm

I would go on to argue that the assertion Saxitoxin is making that any inquiry that Jews make into their genetic history is moot on the grounds that Jews can't be trusted regardless of peer review, is a rather stunning example of his antisemitism. That said there are many sources and I'll admit I haven't looked at them all.
Captain GabonX

Postby BigBallinStalin on Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:28 pm

GabonX wrote:I would go on to argue that the assertion Saxitoxin is making that any inquiry that Jews make into their genetic history is moot on the grounds that Jews can't be trusted regardless of peer review, is a rather stunning example of his antisemitism. That said there are many sources and I'll admit I haven't looked at them all.

Oh yeah. We can definitely trust your ability to summarize another's position. Good strawman by the way (see underlined).

Honestly, you're the most consistent idiot that I've encountered.
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby GabonX on Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:28 pm

BigBallinStalin wrote:
GabonX wrote:

Well, I've already explained to you about my allocation of CC posting resources, but apparently, it doesn't matter how I explain myself--in any logical method.

It's a weak argument and I don't buy it. As difficult as it would have been to prove it false, you proved it so by creating an entire thread devoted to slamming dukasaur for engaging in behavior that Saxitoxin did first and much more frequently in the same thread...

Now what it it you usually say when you're trolling me? Something like take a deep breath, gather your thoughts, and come back once you've calmed down.
Last edited by GabonX on Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Captain GabonX

Postby saxitoxin on Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:29 pm

GabonX wrote:I would go on to argue that the assertion Saxitoxin is making that any inquiry that Jews make into their genetic history is moot on the grounds that Jews can't be trusted regardless of peer review

reported for flaming/trolling/slander/deseperation/tantrum

saxitoxin wrote:
GabonX wrote:For the record, there were 8 citations in the original text I posted.

=D> =D> =D>

Your Wikipedia quote cites footnote 13 (the original "study" by Ostrer at the Yeshiva bible college) and footnote 19 (an article about Ostrer's "study"! [published in The Jewish Daily Forward, btw]). In fact, this is what all your (Wikipedia's) "8 citations" are - they're all either the original Bible college study or "news" reports about the Bible college study! :lol:

Jesus Christ, you have to be putting on an act, Gabby. Ain't nobody this dumb. I'm literally laughing out loud at this moment!

(Also, I reported your post for being too epically stupid even for an internet forum. There have to be limits.)

bump
My Body, My Choice
Sergeant saxitoxin

Postby BigBallinStalin on Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:42 pm

GabonX wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:
GabonX wrote:

It's a weak argument and I don't buy it. As difficult as it would have been to prove it false, you proved it so by creating an entire thread devoted to slamming dukasaur for engaging in behavior that Saxitoxin did first and much more frequently in the same thread...

Now what it it you usually say when you're trolling me? Something like take a deep breath, gather your thoughts, and come back once you've calmed down.

It's a weak argument because.....? Oh, right, you've already failed to address that.

Honestly, you're an emotionally charged idiot, and I'll tell you why: You hardly consider that you might be wrong, and even when I explain issue X with you, you simply ignore my response and regurgitate the same old tired arguments. That classifies you as a moron.
Major BigBallinStalin

Postby GabonX on Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:27 pm

BigBallinStalin wrote:
GabonX wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:
GabonX wrote:

It's a weak argument because.....? Oh, right, you've already failed to address that.

Honestly, you're an emotionally charged idiot, and I'll tell you why: You hardly consider that you might be wrong, and even when I explain issue X with you, you simply ignore my response and regurgitate the same old tired arguments. That classifies you as a moron.

It's a weak argument and I don't buy it. adressed in the next sentence As difficult as it would have been to prove it false, you proved it so by creating an entire thread devoted to slamming dukasaur for engaging in behavior that Saxitoxin did first and much more frequently in the same thread...
Captain GabonX

Postby DaGip on Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:35 am

Is religion considered an ethnicity?
Army of GOD wrote:This thread is now about my large penis
Sergeant 1st Class DaGip

Previous

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,