I'm in - change map to British Isles
Sergeant 1st Class StackedAmazon

Re: Super League

Postby thegroover on Thu Apr 01, 2021 2:34 am

I entered with a map and would like to change to New world please
Captain thegroover

Postby orangeblssmspcl on Thu Apr 01, 2021 6:00 am

If there's still a spot, I'm in with "Battle for Iraq".
Major orangeblssmspcl

Postby Mad777 on Thu Apr 01, 2021 7:25 am

Craig, perhaps an ignorant question, but what are the thoughts behind the joining rule?
Doesnā€™t matter if away player join/invited first or not, he/she wonā€™t be able to take a snap until the other player join...If itā€™s to prevails a quick start preventing away player to get his snap, than away player should be invit at last so he has the opportunity to get a snap once he click ā€œaccept invitationā€, doesnā€™t?
Inviting away player first, and before the home map host, means as soon as away player accepted invit, the host player will be invited and could accept invit while the away player is not connected and may start right away.

Am I understand that correctly?

EDIT: I also forgot to ask, no round limit? would it be wise to perhaps put a threshold in case there is game stall (since itā€™s flat rate throughout the board), maybe 30 round limit?
".....We are Groot!....."
Captain Mad777

Postby Craig25 on Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:09 am

Mad777 wrote:Craig, perhaps an ignorant question, but what are the thoughts behind the joining rule?
Doesnā€™t matter if away player join/invited first or not, he/she wonā€™t be able to take a snap until the other player join...If itā€™s to prevails a quick start preventing away player to get his snap, than away player should be invit at last so he has the opportunity to get a snap once he click ā€œaccept invitationā€, doesnā€™t?
Inviting away player first, and before the home map host, means as soon as away player accepted invit, the host player will be invited and could accept invit while the away player is not connected and may start right away.

EDIT: I also forgot to ask, no round limit? would it be wise to perhaps put a threshold in case there is game stall (since itā€™s flat rate throughout the board), maybe 30 round limit?

"Inviting away player first, and before the home map host, means as soon as away player accepted invit, the host player will be invited and could accept invit while the away player is not connected and may start right away."

This is the way it should work. The idea is that the HOME Player takes full advantage of the AWAY player being unable to snap. Just to be clear the HOME player has 2 games on their HOME Map and 2 Random Games which they accept invites for 2nd and can start immediatly without the AWAY player snapping. That is HOME advantage.

It is levelled up when the positions are reversed in the Return Leg as each opponent plays every other opponent in their Group HOME and AWAY.

Reasoning: It saves trying to enforce a FOG RULE. Which I have done by simply watching who joins 1st in Tournaments. But for this number of games and the fact it's an ongoing League, it's not happening here. Plus, the HOME and AWAY complexity adds spice to games.

Also, no, no Round Limit. Reason is that a Game Stall would have to happen in one of the final games of the League Season. If it happens near the start they will have time to play it out. Plus, we can usually run with a forecasted result if it gets to the stage that players are going to hold the Tournament up for months (if it doesnt make a difference to the outcome of the League). Or even, just set up a Doodle Earth Map game to decide the one game that is causing the issue.

In my experience, it hasn't happened yet.

Slow Players are more a bigger problem, but think in all my Tournaments i've kicked about 2 out of literally 2000 Runners. All my tournaments run at the speed of the 99% of players and not the 1%.

This format also helps to negate that, because new games start in a fixed time period for everyone. If you haven't finished your last Match Up, a new one still starts.
Last edited by Craig25 on Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Click image to enlarge.
Colonel Craig25

Location: Scotland - Please Vote Yes to Full Independance - A Financially and Morally Better Country

Postby Djfireside on Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:12 am

If still open I am in - Das Schloss
Always question things given too easily.
Private Djfireside

Postby weaselshane on Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:13 am

No fog rule then?
Sergeant 1st Class weaselshane

Postby Craig25 on Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:44 am

Yip, same with Champions League, has been for every Round after PR 3 in that one.
weaselshane wrote:No fog rule then?
Click image to enlarge.
Colonel Craig25

Location: Scotland - Please Vote Yes to Full Independance - A Financially and Morally Better Country

Postby Mad777 on Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:20 am

Craig25 wrote:
Mad777 wrote:Craig, perhaps an ignorant question, but what are the thoughts behind the joining rule?

"Inviting away player first, and before the home map host, means as soon as away player accepted invit, the host player will be invited and could accept invit while the away player is not connected and may start right away."

This is the way it should work. The idea is that the HOME Player takes full advantage of the AWAY player being unable to snap. Just to be clear the HOME player has 2 games on their HOME Map and 2 Random Games which they accept invites for 2nd and can start immediatly without the AWAY player snapping. That is HOME advantage.

It is levelled up when the positions are reversed in the Return Leg as each opponent plays every other opponent in their Group HOME and AWAY.

Reasoning: It saves trying to enforce a FOG RULE. Which I have done by simply watching who joins 1st in Tournaments. But for this number of games and the fact it's an ongoing League, it's not happening here. Plus, the HOME and AWAY complexity adds spice to games.

Also, no, no Round Limit. Reason is that a Game Stall would have to happen in one of the final games of the League Season. If it happens near the start they will have time to play it out. Plus, we can usually run with a forecasted result if it gets to the stage that players are going to hold the Tournament up for months (if it doesnt make a difference to the outcome of the League). Or even, just set up a Doodle Earth Map game to decide the one game that is causing the issue.

In my experience, it hasn't happened yet.

Slow Players are more a bigger problem, but think in all my Tournaments i've kicked about 2 out of literally 2000 Runners. All my tournaments run at the speed of the 99% of players and not the 1%.

This format also helps to negate that, because new games start in a fixed time period for everyone. If you haven't finished your last Match Up, a new one still starts.

ok i got it now and wasnā€™t sure which to take this rule, make full sense now ;) 8-)
Captain Mad777

Postby ejw2127 on Thu Apr 01, 2021 7:16 pm

Sounds fun, I like Waterloo or Stalingrad :)
Major ejw2127

Re: RISK Super League ***TOURNAMENT FULL***

Postby Hippopotamus on Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:22 am

Pearl Harbour
Captain Hippopotamus

Postby LLC22 on Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:59 am

To mimic real life, should we all start dropping out of the Super League :)
Major LLC22

Postby CalviNOX on Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:48 am

I'm in: San Francisco.

Also, a question: This isn't premium only, right?
Private CalviNOX

Postby imstillurdaddy on Mon May 03, 2021 9:11 am

How do we score goals for and against?
Lieutenant imstillurdaddy

Postby Craig25 on Thu May 06, 2021 6:53 am

Won Game = Goal For

Lost Game = Goal Against

imstillurdaddy wrote:How do we score goals for and against?
Click image to enlarge.
Colonel Craig25

Postby Craig25 on Tue May 11, 2021 5:04 am

Sepp has deducted you 14 Points..............

LLC22 wrote:To mimic real life, should we all start dropping out of the Super League :)

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Click image to enlarge.
Colonel Craig25

Postby Shoe555 on Thu May 13, 2021 8:50 am

Hello Craig,
Looks like I have 12 games complete.

Shoe555 vs mint-murray: League # 06 / Match week #10 is a final. Score was 2-2.
Major Shoe555

Postby jonesthecurl on Sun May 23, 2021 12:05 am

new home map choice wwii western front
instagram.com/garethjohnjoneswrites
Sergeant 1st Class jonesthecurl

Postby weaselshane on Sun May 23, 2021 2:01 am

Hi can I change my map to: Lunar War

Thanks
Sergeant 1st Class weaselshane

Postby Shoe555 on Sun May 23, 2021 7:40 am

Season 1 Home Map : The same, Stalingrad.
Major Shoe555

Postby Mad777 on Sun May 23, 2021 7:50 am

Season 1 Home map changing to Salem's Switch
Captain Mad777

Postby topdawg on Sun May 23, 2021 10:29 am

Season 1 Home map: Dust Bowl
Captain topdawg

PreviousNext

Return to Completed 2021