Conquer Club

KennyC's Private League

Tournaments that are no longer happening

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Hmmmm

Postby King of Moria on Tue May 22, 2007 6:03 pm

Looks as if homefield is an advantage....KennyC won his game, and eliminated all three opponents, and Jackary is in a power position to win. Very interesting. I would have thought it didn't matter.
As always, Peace
Sergeant 1st Class King of Moria

Postby dr3w on Tue May 22, 2007 6:04 pm

Thanks for the compliments, Keith.

I made a couple of bad decisions in that one. You took advantage of my mis-steps every time.

On to round 2...
Lieutenant dr3w

Postby KennyC on Wed May 23, 2007 12:32 pm

Ok, there is still one game in progress, but I think it will finish up in a couple rounds. I will start updating things tonight, and sending pm's to the people who have home games for round 2.
Sergeant KennyC

Postby KennyC on Wed May 23, 2007 11:00 pm

I sent out PM's for round 2, I know round 1 is still going on in one game. When we get to the last couple rounds we will make sure to finish all the games before we move on.

Also, the website is looking pretty bare, and I do not have any real graphic programs on my computer these days. So, if anyone is bored some day and has some inspiration for a header banner or buttons that would be cool.
Sergeant KennyC

Off topic

Postby KennyC on Wed May 23, 2007 11:58 pm

Although not a league game, a couple of us have been sitting on this game for about a week, it's open for anyone to join.

pw: trynew

It's on the new seige map.
Sergeant KennyC

The big three

Postby Mother Land on Mon May 28, 2007 3:04 pm

Alright people - we have to rally the troops against these early tourney powerhouses. KennyC, Jackary and the King of Moria are relentless conquerors and need to be caged and locked up like wild animals.

KennyC, I coming after you baby!! I got you in 7/12 rounds here, so don't be thinking you're gonna be stampeding along much longer!

Jackary, I only got you once, but you can chalk that game up to no points for you!

And King of Moria, you're gonna be about as washed up as the Winnipeg Jets after this Canada game!

Let's go boys, the big guns have made themselves known - now lets send them back to the minor leagues!
Corporal Mother Land

Postby badonkadonk on Mon May 28, 2007 3:09 pm

Anybody talked to falc lately? We've been waiting on him for a few days and I know he was having login issues...
Corporal 1st Class badonkadonk

Letting the tension grow....

Postby Falconander on Tue May 29, 2007 9:18 am

Donk,

Sorry about that....

I was out of the area for a bit...

I'm back now bro with guns loaded....
Cook Falconander

Postby badonkadonk on Tue May 29, 2007 9:21 am

I didn't mind the wait, just wondered if you were having troubles. I should probably have thought about something else over my holiday weekend anyway. :lol:
Corporal 1st Class badonkadonk

Memorial Day Weekend...

Postby Falconander on Tue May 29, 2007 9:30 am

Donk,

Actually a good weekend to think about the fallen. To Mother's point, a lot of men died needlessly on the conquer fields. I took the weekend to reflect on their brave deeds and to ponder the ways to dismantle those that stand in the way to our objective.

Mother, I don't think anyone is a powerhouse out there yet but it does lead to an interesting question. If in the end it is about points, I would think the leaders will get ganged up on to just make sure they do not fortify their lead.

It will be interesting to see how these play out...
Cook Falconander

Re: Hey KennyC

Postby KennyC on Tue May 29, 2007 12:11 pm

King of Moria wrote:From your original post, it seems there are points awarded for eliminating players, as well as winning the game.

We just completed the our first game, 436754. I eliminated the other three players and won the game. So how many points do I get?

Might I add, Drew played tough, took a chance and almost made it happen. He played well, and if there was a way for the winner, or anyone in the game, to pick a Favorite Opponent, for a particular game, he would get my vote.

Here's an idea. After each game, the player's can submit an e-mail to you, declaring their favorite player for that game. Each vote is worth one point. Drew would get my vote for this game.

Cheers,

Keith

I missed this earlier, but I'll respond now. Points are awarded just upon the position you finished in the game (10-1st, 5-2nd, 2-3rd, 0-4th, when two players are elimianted in the same turn they split the available points). Kills only come into play if there needs to be a tie breaker in the points. For example if you look at the current standings, there are three people tied for first with points, however since both you and I have more kills we are tied for first above jackary (I used alphabetical order to put me on top). The same applies for tastygroove being in 4th over the other guys with 5 points.

As for awarding points to a "favorite player", it may be a good idea, but I am not so gung ho about implementing it. The primary reason here is that we are already awarding points to players who do not win, and after playing a game and a half using my system I think the official CC rankings are correct in only awarding points to the winner. So as I see it now, if a player plays well they are already rewarded under my system. The other problem comes in at the end of the season, where a vote for a certain player could keep you out of the finals even if they really do deserve your vote.

I could see an MVP vote type of thing happening...
Sergeant KennyC

Round two done...bounty call on Moria and Jackary...

Postby Falconander on Wed May 30, 2007 5:32 pm

I hope the leaders fall boys....I think I emerged victorious from our game...

I'll wager a bounty for the one who takes these two out on round 2.

Conquer Club hats to the ones who off them....

If you haven't seen the hats they are under the Shop icon above...

A little incentive to get some kills out there...

No disrespect to these guys but I had to choose someone....

PMM me for your reward....
Cook Falconander

a master emerges

Postby Mother Land on Fri Jun 01, 2007 7:40 pm

The King of Moria confidently stands alone atop a mountain peak's rocky edge, thrusting his battle axe to the heavens.

Who will be the valiant warrior who will dare to stare into the recesses of Moria's tunnel-like black eyes and say, "no more."?
Corporal Mother Land

Re: a master emerges

Postby King of Moria on Fri Jun 01, 2007 8:51 pm

Mother Land wrote:The King of Moria confidently stands alone atop a mountain peak's rocky edge, thrusting his battle axe to the heavens.

...yelling Baruk Khazad! Khazad Ai-menu!
As always, Peace
Sergeant 1st Class King of Moria

Re: Round two done...bounty call on Moria and Jackary...

Postby dr3w on Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:45 am

Falconander wrote:I hope the leaders fall boys....I think I emerged victorious from our game...

I'll wager a bounty for the one who takes these two out on round 2.

Conquer Club hats to the ones who off them....

If you haven't seen the hats they are under the Shop icon above...

A little incentive to get some kills out there...

No disrespect to these guys but I had to choose someone....

PMM me for your reward....

Falcon - I have taken down KennyC and the gods willing, I will kill Jackary as well. The hats are cool, but do they have beer coozies???

It's summer time and my beers need to stay cold. What could be better than a CC beer coozie?
Lieutenant dr3w

Postby dr3w on Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:32 pm

our round 2 game came to an end in round 22. it was an awesome battle.

anyways, it finished like this.
me on top, jackary in 2nd, smokey in 3rd, and kenny in 4th.
I got all 3 kills.

its time for round 3!
Lieutenant dr3w

Postby KennyC on Tue Jun 05, 2007 3:43 pm

Ok, round 2 is complete, and I have sent out PMs to those with home games for round 3. I don't think I am busy tonight so I will try to update the site with new stats/standings.
Sergeant KennyC

Postby KennyC on Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:52 am

The site is all up to date, I am still waiting on all three of the home players to start their games (I'll PM them again right after this). If anyone thinks I messed up with the points or standings please let me know asap so we can get it corrected.
Sergeant KennyC

Delays in the league

Postby Jackary on Tue Jun 12, 2007 4:01 pm

KennyC......:idea: I think we need to make a rule about how long you have to join a game. We've been waiting for over a week to start game 3. Three players joined within 12 hours then the last player is AWOL but still takes turns in other games????

The rule should be...72 hours to join or you forfeit. Otherwise we all lose interest and motivation here.

What do you think?
Sergeant 1st Class Jackary

Postby KennyC on Tue Jun 12, 2007 5:16 pm

Hum, we are waiting for one as well. If anyone can get in contact with DOUBLE_KILL, I will give tastygroove a call. Could someone PM me the password to that game so I can give it to him.
Sergeant KennyC

Postby KennyC on Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:18 pm

Ok, Double_kill was brainwashed to assinate the president of Micronesia or something. So he needs a sub while he is gone. Rumor has it that K2 has some new friends on CC that might be able to help us out for a couple rounds.

So with a couple wrinkles we should be back on track soon. Just so everyone has some warning, Round 4 will probably not have a smooth start either because I will be on vacation in a week.
Sergeant KennyC

Postby Mother Land on Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:05 pm

I think we should look for a permanent replacement for Double, not just a sub. He does not seem to be too interested in this tournament, and I feel it will be continually difficult to get him to play games. We should find someone to take his place in the tournament and pick it up at Round 3. Jackary may have someone; K2 can probably dig one up as well.
Corporal Mother Land

Postby dr3w on Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:42 am

Anyone want to start another game? I'm up for doubles, singles, whatever... No Seige though. That map doesn't agree with my men. We keep getting bogged down in the swamps and dying feebly.

Also I'm taking challenges for 2 player games.

Send me a PM if you want to get some other games going.
Lieutenant dr3w

round 3

Postby dr3w on Wed Jun 20, 2007 8:59 am

Round 3 game over.

I am victorious once again. The parades welcome my men back home once again from a long and hard fought battle.

Kenny - chalk up 2 kills for me and 1 kill for El_Tigro, who came in second.

Donks came in 3rd, with Tatonk getting the boot first once again.
Lieutenant dr3w

Beer Coozies...

Postby Falconander on Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:48 am

So...

I figure I'll draw some art work and have it put on a beer coozie for you. ...I figure there may be other interest out there so I'll get some made...

...least I can do for the latest conquerer....

...I'll try and refrain from putting a bounty on your head now...;)
Cook Falconander

PreviousNext

Return to Abandoned