Conquer Club

Churchill War Cabinet presents:THE GREAT WAR

Where dead threads are laid to rest - No new topics, no new posts allowed

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby hairingtons on Mon Jul 17, 2006 3:44 am

rocksolid - we struggled to find a proper CC thing for the purple heart, but then someone suggested 'friendly fire'. ask your neighbours overthere they know all about it :)

basically, it will be awarded if people start making and breaking alliances. we thought this may be another way of spicing things up. After all, in war you never know who to trust!

(of course people might just not make alliances...then we'll find something else to give it for).
"...You were given the choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor and you will have war..."
Lieutenant hairingtons

Postby SprCobra on Mon Jul 17, 2006 4:28 am

Isnt the purple heart for being injured in battle which has nothing to do with breaking allainces?
Cadet SprCobra

Postby AK_iceman on Mon Jul 17, 2006 4:31 am

are you suggesting we give it to the person who loses the quickest? or loses the most? I dont think the real life meaning for this award can work in risk, so the current situation is probably good.
Sergeant 1st Class AK_iceman

Postby hairingtons on Mon Jul 17, 2006 5:21 am

yeah i think the purple heart is awarded (american) for acts of conspicuous bravery.

Obviously in CC it would be impossible to categorise bravery or who was the bravest player without watching every game, every move.

Id originally thought of giving every player the option to cast a vote for one player they played against who they thought was the bravest/biggest 'risk' taker in the tournament.

in that way awarding the purple heart.

but then my brother suggested the friendly fire thing, which i thought was quite funny and could make for interesting games.
"...You were given the choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor and you will have war..."
Lieutenant hairingtons

Postby neildrill on Mon Jul 17, 2006 6:54 am

I shall like to participate if i can
Corporal 1st Class neildrill

Postby Pedronicus on Mon Jul 17, 2006 7:38 am

Good luck guys in organising this.

I'm not going to take part. I'm going to sit back and watch the gnashing of teeth / pulling out of hair as the thing progresses, falls apart, stalls etc.

Go and buy some Valium (lots of it)

:!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:
Major Pedronicus

Postby hairingtons on Mon Jul 17, 2006 7:42 am

id like some valium.

Cheers Pedro. Hopefully it wont go totally tits up.

20 spaces have been filled, 20 left. Come on you war loving schiesters, your country needs you.

edit - hi neill forgot you played this, you're in !
Lieutenant hairingtons

Postby neildrill on Mon Jul 17, 2006 7:54 am

out of sight out of mind is it hairy?

oconnell knows i play, i have hammered him on a few occasions!
Corporal 1st Class neildrill

Postby SprCobra on Mon Jul 17, 2006 8:12 am

Remember your country only needs you if your exetremly lucky and have never had deadbeats/idiot partners
Cadet SprCobra

Postby PBAndrew on Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:49 am

I would like to join.
WHS!
Private 1st Class PBAndrew

Postby hairingtons on Mon Jul 17, 2006 1:21 pm

you are already in PB.

neill - my supporter expired in HT, so havent been in the hattrick arms for a while. yeah ive been in a few games with andy,mostly as team mate. your doing wuite well though eh.
Lieutenant hairingtons

Postby Pedronicus on Mon Jul 17, 2006 3:08 pm

Hairy,

Your best bet for setting up the games is thus:

Everyone whos already in this thing, is a Premium member, has an ability to organise themselves and pm the organisers......

Put yourself forward as a willing 'Captain' and then;
The captains can create passworded games as stipulted in the game types to be played in the rules (and pm the organisers back, with the game number and password)

The organisers can send out passwords to people of that group.

This way theres less chance of games being erased.
Major Pedronicus

Postby hairingtons on Tue Jul 18, 2006 3:44 am

Yeah, may go along those lines Pedro. Thanks.

20 more players - there must be 20 more people wanting to play against some of the cream of Conquer Club ?
Lieutenant hairingtons

Postby SprCobra on Tue Jul 18, 2006 4:08 am

To play in this thing the dice must be baised for you at all no unlucky weeks or deadbeats or idiots you must be an uber 1337 player with a massive score which is no inditcation of skill what so ever

To play you must be lucky!

To be one of the other 20 you must have NEVER lost a game!
Cadet SprCobra

Postby Mysteron on Tue Jul 18, 2006 6:12 am

Cobra, what the hell are you on??

Not sure about anyone else but I aint understood a thing he's said so far.
"If you are going through hell, keep going!"

Sir Winston Churchill

Private 1st Class Mysteron

Postby AndrewO on Tue Jul 18, 2006 6:30 am

Me neither... thought it might be swahili or something
Lieutenant AndrewO

Postby hairingtons on Tue Jul 18, 2006 6:58 am

cobra - you cant enter this one sorry, stop moaning and try to win some games.

every one gets shit dice, i complain about them more than most. but you cant blame every game on them, get real.

like i said, play some doubles with a decent partner. its a good way of picking up points.

please stop spamming this thread with insane non-sense.
Lieutenant hairingtons

Postby SprCobra on Tue Jul 18, 2006 7:25 am

Mysteron wrote:Cobra, what the hell are you on??

Not sure about anyone else but I aint understood a thing he's said so far.

Explanation
if you have been blessed by god the hounor to be surrounded by total idiots then your score will drop meaning no matter how good you are if you are constantly playing idiots who like to f*ck up games for no apparnt reason then your score will be low

Hmm if one of the CWC guys wasnt a super uber 1337 player who can kill all who oppose him because he has a big score OMFG had a score below 1000 *fake horror* youd let them play wouldnt you

Requirments are stupid you know this game in just a board game OMFG LETS MOVE OUR ARMIES FOWARD we wont have to use any actual tactics in a 2d war with resticted movment where you can see everthing your enemy has and you know where they are its not as if you can do a skillful movment all you do is put armies on a BOARD.A rush in CC isnt very good becuase you jsut move and dont have to worry and the enemy cant defend its not like you can actually stop him by using good tactics

Wow you get good rolls at the begging and you end up winning!
You get bad rolls and lose

This game isnt about tactics or placment its about luck but if you get bad luck and end up playing idiots like me your pretty fucked arent you?

Itd be easy to win games if you could actually use any tactics you know of but if people are idiots then its hard inst it and not even good partners can save you from the idiocy of team 3

btw am i correct you are just saying im not good enough arent you?
I think the bolded sentence just summed up all my posts(this post had to be made)
Cadet SprCobra

Postby Mysteron on Tue Jul 18, 2006 8:33 am

Thanks for that, are you finished now???

btw I imagine in your case theres another deciding factor as to why you're still a private....and it aint luck mate.
"If you are going through hell, keep going!"

Sir Winston Churchill

Private 1st Class Mysteron

Postby SprCobra on Tue Jul 18, 2006 8:40 am

Yes but what is that other factor? :evil:

hmm does everyone ganging up on me almsot every single game and people turning japanese on me expalin the other factor?
Im serious you need to see some of the doubles/triples partners ive had

Is there a factor about how you are so great risk?
Does that mean you suck at TBS and RTS?
Cadet SprCobra

Postby hairingtons on Tue Jul 18, 2006 9:45 am

please go to another thread and spam. perhaps the 'flame forum'. thats what its there for.

post any more shit and i'll report it, cos its detracting from the purpose of this thread.

Do people want to play in a CC Tournament? if so, see the first couple of posts in this thread and if you qualify, then post a message and apply. thanks.
Lieutenant hairingtons

Postby hairingtons on Wed Jul 19, 2006 5:05 am

anymore for anymore ?

This will be the most prestigious singles tourny ever in the whole world. or something. if theres not another 20 players, i may just chop a round and get it rolling.
Lieutenant hairingtons

cwc tournament

Postby IronMaiden on Wed Jul 19, 2006 12:33 pm

count me in
It's on like Donkey Kong !!!
Private 1st Class IronMaiden

Postby hairingtons on Thu Jul 20, 2006 5:10 am

ok...you are in....still only 20 players (fluffybunnykins had to withdraw), i may re-format to go with 20 players.

I'll make it clear incase it wasnt already so - this is open to anyone with a couple of stripes and above. any nationality, dont have to be British, dont have to be premium.

Ta.
Lieutenant hairingtons

Postby hairingtons on Fri Jul 21, 2006 4:50 am

ok applications closed.

i'll refigure the tourny to have 20 players. should make it quicker anyways.
Lieutenant hairingtons

PreviousNext

Return to Tournament Archives