Conquer Club

Conquer Club Olympics 2015

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Conquer Club Olympics 2015

Postby Dukasaur on Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:21 pm

The Community Team Presents .....

Welcome to the Conquer Club Olympics 2015 aka The Tribal Olympics.

In this years Olympics event people will compete individually, as well as for their Tribes. You can compete without being in a Tribe, however some events will be Tribal, so it will give you an advantage if you are in a Tribe. If you are not in a Tribe or Clan, check out the Tribes Announcement. You can join a default Tribe on your Clan Warfare tab.

Notes:
  • Since Clans are (the highest form of) Tribes if you are in a Clan, you are already in a Tribe.
  • For the purposes of the Olympics your Tribe membership will be judged upon logging in to CC from Sep 16-21. The first Tribe you are registered to while logging in between these dates will become your official Olympics Tribe. Once registered you will not be able to change your Tribal affiliation for the Olympics (though you are free to change Tribes for other purposes).

Event Page:
Event Information and Scoreboard: http://www.conquerclub.com/public.php?m ... vent_id=30

How to Play:
  • There are approx 24 autotournaments running on a schedule from Sep 17 - Sep 30.
  • You can join each tournament once.
  • First place gives 1 gold medal, 2nd is 1 silver, 3rd is Bronze.
  • Sometimes there are multiple, or no, Bronze medals depending on the size and nature of the event.
  • There are a few major tournaments that you join to win Platinum Medals!
  • Some of the events will give out Participation Ribbons.

Scoring System

Image Platinum Medal: 10 points
    ImageGold Medal: 5 points
    ImageSilver Medal: 3 points
    ImageBronze Medal: 1 point
    ImageParticipation Ribbon: 1 point

Schedule of Events:
Note: the following links are to the prototype tournaments for each event.
For links to the actual tournament each day, look in the active Olympics box at the top of your Central Command page.

Sep 17, 12 PM to Sep 18, 12 PM CC Olympics - Opening Ceremonies
Sep 18, 12 AM to Sep 19, 12 PM CC Olympics - MegaBarge Racing
Sep 18, 12 PM to Sep 19, 12 PM CC Olympics - Uranium Enriching
Sep 19, 12 AM to Sep 20, 12 AM CC Olympics - Banjo Wrestling
Sep 19, 12 PM to Sep 20, 12 PM CC Olympics - Wheelchair Slalom
Sep 20, 12 AM to Sep 21, 12 AM CC Olympics - Oxen Jousting
Sep 20, 12 PM to Sep 21, 12 PM CC Olympics - Zombie Baseball*
Sep 21, 12 AM to Sep 22, 12 AM CC Olympics - Regalia Wearing
Sep 21, 12 PM to Sep 22, 12 PM CC Olympics - Nuclear Gnarling
Sep 22, 12 AM to Sep 23, 12 AM CC Olympics - Assdoodling
Sep 22, 12 PM to Sep 23, 12 PM CC Olympics - Human Catapulting*
Sep 23, 12 AM to Sep 24, 12 AM CC Olympics - Speed Shopping
Sep 23, 12 PM to Sep 24, 12 PM CC Olympics - Trademark Infringing
Sep 24, 12 AM to Sep 25, 12 AM CC Olympics - Event Naming
Sep 24, 12 PM to Sep 25, 12 PM CC Olympics - Atlantean Water Polo
Sep 25, 12 AM to Sep 26, 12 AM CC Olympics - Holiday Decorating
Sep 25, 12 PM to Sep 26, 12 PM CC Olympics - Waggle Dancing*
Sep 26, 12 AM to Sep 27, 12 AM CC Olympics - Settings Dredging
Sep 26, 12 PM to Sep 27, 12 PM CC Olympics - Glow-in-the-Dark Archery
Sep 27, 12 AM to Sep 28, 12 AM CC Olympics - Not-So-Tenacious Tiddlywinks
Sep 27, 12 PM to Sep 28, 12 PM CC Olympics - Mini Brazil Bash
Sep 28, 12 AM to Sep 29, 12 AM CC Olympics - Mini Flonkerton*
Sep 28, 12 PM to Sep 29, 12 PM CC Olympics - Greco-Roman Arm Wrestling
Sep 29, 12 AM to Sep 30, 12 PM CC Olympics - Closing Ceremonies

*The Tournaments marked thus will be Tribe Tournaments, meaning that to join you must be in a Tribe, and only 1 member from a Tribe may enter each iteration of the tournament.

PRIZES:

Tribe
As well as holding the crown of CC Olympic Champion Tribe, the winning Tribe will receive:

15,000 Image (shared), plus a Tribe Medal Image (each tribe member).

Individuals

Individuals leaders will win the following prizes:

Image Red Star - First Place
    Image Green Star - Second Place
    Image Blue Star - Third Place to 5th Place
    Image Yellow Star - 6th Place - 10th Place
    ImageChallenge Achievement Medal - 30 points
    ImageGeneral Achievement Medal - 11 points
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Re: Conquer Club Olympics 2015

Postby shoop76 on Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:49 am

I like the idea and appreciate the effort duk.

But basically this is a clan event and not a tribe event as all players that participate from a given clan will score points for a clan/ tribe. This will heavily favor all larger clans.
Sergeant 1st Class shoop76
Tournament Commissioner
Tournament Commissioner

Postby mookiemcgee on Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:49 pm

I loved this event last year! Looking forward to participating again, but I'm a little concerned about game load. Will there be a pause in the number of great war tourneys starting during this period?
Colonel mookiemcgee

Postby stealth99 on Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:57 am

Bravo, me like red stars (even to just look at them before someone else wins them)
Sorry, I've had to suspend my campaigns indefinitely.
Cook stealth99

Location: St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada......oldest and most easterly city in north america

Postby Dukasaur on Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:14 pm

mookiemcgee wrote:I loved this event last year! Looking forward to participating again, but I'm a little concerned about game load. Will there be a pause in the number of great war tourneys starting during this period?

The great war has already slowed down a lot. The great August 6th offensive was the last big multi-tourney hurrah for a while. There are currently 2 GW tourneys up. There will probably be two more in September. I think you will find a lot fewer Great War tourneys coming, now that the wild and crazy first year of the war is behind us. Certainly there will never again be the crazy pace that we kept up from April to June of this year.
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby Maggot on Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:25 pm

How do I get in on this?
Cook Maggot

Postby mookiemcgee on Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:40 pm

Good stuff... I am not a history buff at all, so I'm totally uninformed about the 'pace' of battles in WWI.

Dukasaur wrote:
mookiemcgee wrote:I loved this event last year! Looking forward to participating again, but I'm a little concerned about game load. Will there be a pause in the number of great war tourneys starting during this period?

The great war has already slowed down a lot. The great August 6th offensive was the last big multi-tourney hurrah for a while. There are currently 2 GW tourneys up. There will probably be two more in September. I think you will find a lot fewer Great War tourneys coming, now that the wild and crazy first year of the war is behind us. Certainly there will never again be the crazy pace that we kept up from April to June of this year.
Colonel mookiemcgee

Postby Dukasaur on Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:29 am

shoop76 wrote:I like the idea and appreciate the effort duk.

But basically this is a clan event and not a tribe event as all players that participate from a given clan will score points for a clan/ tribe. This will heavily favor all larger clans.

Only 1 player from each clan can join each event. That limits the advantage that the large clans have. Obviously, a deeper talent pool will be helpful, but I don't think it will be overwhelming. I think a smaller clan that really gets into this and takes it seriously can beat a larger clan that half-asses it.

Also, there are some players that don't like team games and have never really gotten into clans, but are really good at playing solo. If some of these start taking advantage of the primitive tribes idea I think you could see some of those do really well.

Still, it's the first year and until we get some experience with tribes I can't say for sure what will happen.
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby benga on Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:15 am

Dukasaur wrote:

Only 1 player from each clan can join each event. That limits the advantage that the large clans have. Obviously, a deeper talent pool will be helpful, but I don't think it will be overwhelming. I think a smaller clan that really gets into this and takes it seriously can beat a larger clan that half-asses it.

Also, there are some players that don't like team games and have never really gotten into clans, but are really good at playing solo. If some of these start taking advantage of the primitive tribes idea I think you could see some of those do really well.

Still, it's the first year and until we get some experience with tribes I can't say for sure what will happen.

how does this work?
Sergeant benga

Postby Dukasaur on Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:38 am

benga wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:

how does this work?

Well, once someone signs up for an event, it is coded that nobody else from the clan can join the same event. So, you should be seeing who in the clan has the best record on those maps and settings, and sending forward only the best.
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby shoop76 on Fri Sep 11, 2015 3:43 pm

Dukasaur wrote:

I really like this idea. However, this means its almost impossible to win the individual part of this event if your in a tribe. Also, if a member of your clan doesn't read or follow the plan he could easily take a spot that was meant for someone else.
Tournament Commissioner
Tournament Commissioner

Postby Mad777 on Fri Sep 11, 2015 3:59 pm

shoop76 wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:

I really like this idea. However, this means its almost impossible to win the individual part of this event if your in a tribe. Also, if a member of your clan doesn't read or follow the plan he could easily take a spot that was meant for someone else.

The layout said than you can join once each tournament but it doesn't specify only one player per clan per tournament, I'm not sure that last rule is in effect, at least this is not the way I understood the rules.
If you are a large clan which has as much player than amount of Olympic tournament (24), this mean you have only one single chance to gather point for your clan and for individual? If so then the individual will be a kind of lottery to get the winner...
But I doubt each clan/tribe will have 24 players therefore with 12 players, 2 tournaments to get a chance to win the individuals ranking...This bring another question; how points are calculate since I believe not all 24 tournament will have the same structure/setting/amount of entry/etc...?

Again I think each player can join once each tournament, by looking the Tournament Achievement medal needs 30 points, then a Gold medal is 5pts, this means You have to win 6 tournament to get it or 3 Major Tournament which propose a Platinum medal has a 10pts value, either way I don't see a way to get this trophee, unless your Tribe has 6 players only (clan should have a minimum of 12 to be active)
".....We are Groot!....."
Captain Mad777

Postby Endgame422 on Fri Sep 11, 2015 4:48 pm

Man thats a bummer.
If a clan/tribe is not coordinating to win the group event,players who are in clans/tribes are handicapped for no reason in the individual standings.
I agree last year worked out poorly for the group thing(FCCP won and then got cancelled before the year was up.) and your trying to push tribes hard right now but youve made being in a clan/tribe a detriment to me with this one.
Lieutenant Endgame422

Postby mookiemcgee on Fri Sep 11, 2015 5:25 pm

In theory... Can I personally join them all day one, and represent my clan as a 'solo artist'? Effectively blocking the rest of my clan mates from joining any of the events?

If this is the case, it would seem to answer the concerns of others... 1 player from a clan could join them 24 events or 24 players from a clan could each join one or anything in between. Players without a clan could join a primitive tribe and signup for 80% of the events leaving the other 20% for their tribe mates ect ect.... In other words its up to a clan how it wishes to represent itself at the olympics.

Do I understand this correctly???
Colonel mookiemcgee

Postby Mad777 on Fri Sep 11, 2015 5:38 pm

mookiemcgee wrote:In theory... Can I personally join them all day one, and represent my clan as a 'solo artist'? Effectively blocking the rest of my clan mates from joining any of the events?

If this is the case, it would seem to answer the concerns of others... 1 player from a clan could join them 24 events or 24 players from a clan could each join one or anything in between. Players without a clan could join a primitive tribe and signup for 80% of the events leaving the other 20% for their tribe mates ect ect.... In other words its up to a clan how it wishes to represent itself at the olympics.

You wont be able to join all from day one since each tournament has a different starting date, then you need to be sure than either your entire clan mate are aware not to join any tournament (hard to believe than a clan having 20+ member would not have any interest running at least for the individual).

The point there was about the reason to have an "Individual" category of prizes since this year the format tend to be Tribe/Clan oriented, therefore those prizes should be added widely to the team prize and remove the individual category.
".....We are Groot!....."
Captain Mad777

Postby Endgame422 on Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:57 am

mookiemcgee wrote:In theory... Can I personally join them all day one, and represent my clan as a 'solo artist'? Effectively blocking the rest of my clan mates from joining any of the events?

Yes.
So if 2/3 players from a clan want to participate individually they are boned as they have to "share" games.
Why would someone whos not in a tribe join one if they want to participate individually?
Its a HUGE handicap and essentially makes winning impossible.
Lots of speeders were barely filled last year,if only 1 member of a clan can join each type of speed game(combined with ever dwindling participant base) its really going to take forever to get them filled.
I really try not to bitch and moan about events because i know people work hard on them but i enjoyed this event last year,was looking forward to participating again this year and im completely disappointed.
Lieutenant Endgame422

Postby -1-1-3- on Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:21 am

Endgame422 wrote:

Yes.
So if 2/3 players from a clan want to participate individually they are boned as they have to "share" games.
Why would someone whos not in a tribe join one if they want to participate individually?
Its a HUGE handicap and essentially makes winning impossible.
Lots of speeders were barely filled last year,if only 1 member of a clan can join each type of speed game(combined with ever dwindling participant base) its really going to take forever to get them filled.
I really try not to bitch and moan about events because i know people work hard on them but i enjoyed this event last year,was looking forward to participating again this year and im completely disappointed.

Hi all,
just read all those posts... and yes, there seems to be a big problem :)
is it still time to change / re-think things ?

May be one solution is to make the Olympics a group-only event (no "personal" leaderboard).
This would mean : you don't score anything "for you", it's only points for your clan or tribe.

But then I don't know if you should put a limit to how many members of a same clan/tribe are allowed to join a particular event ?
That limit could change according to the number of "spots" an event has...

Or we do that the wild-unfair-way :) --> anyone can join an event, first come/ first served : but then we could have situation like having an event (almost) full of players from a same clan/tribe.
I dont have any problem with that.
My only potential concern : i hope ppl of the same clan/tribe would be fairplay and dont ally in any way to block other ppl to win.
I guess clan/tribemates are fairplay enough ?

Another question/problem is: do people without clan have time to create tribes b4 Olympics start ?

And obviously some people (many ?) wont agree being forced to be part a clan/tribe to be part of Olympics.
(one argument, then, could be that nowaday you cant compete at the olympics if you're not in a national team)
(but im not that nationalist as to try to mimic sport-nationalism on CC : )

Or (opposite solution) a individuals-only event (but i guess there was a desire to do something with clans/tribes... so solution 1 seems better.)
Colonel -1-1-3-

Postby Donelladan on Mon Sep 14, 2015 5:05 am

I think all the events, except speed one, should have unlimited number of allowed participants. That way, there is no reason to restrict the numbers of players each clan can send.
Since it is auto tournament, I believe the number of players joining a tournament doesn't really matter, it will not be more work.
Give a starting date to join and a final date, then start with whatever numbers of people join.

Well, since all auto tournament have already been created I think it's too late to change but that would be better I think.
Brigadier Donelladan

Postby iAmCaffeine on Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:23 am

This didn't work with the clan/team format last year and doesn't look like likely to perform any better this time around, but we're entering with a few guys.
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Postby IcePack on Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:31 pm

iAmCaffeine wrote:This didn't work with the clan/team format last year and doesn't look like likely to perform any better this time around, but we're entering with a few guys.

Last year was a country theme not clan /teams
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Endgame422 on Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:04 pm

No last year the usergroup with the most medals was supposed to get a custom name color.
It went to that FCCFP or whatever that got cancelled,which became an excuse to just blow it off.
Lieutenant Endgame422

Postby IcePack on Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:41 pm

Endgame422 wrote:No last year the usergroup with the most medals was supposed to get a custom name color.
It went to that FCCFP or whatever that got cancelled,which became an excuse to just blow it off.

viewtopic.php?f=634&t=206502

The usergroup was one thing, but there was also the scoreboard for Countries you represented.
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Dukasaur on Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:25 pm

I guess with all the behind-the-scenes discussions setting up this event, I misunderstood something, and it needs to be corrected. Only a few of the tournaments are designnated as Tribe-only, and for those* there is a rule of one member per Tribe/Clan. All others are wide open, open to tribe members and non-tribe members alike.

The four tribe-only events are marked with an asterisk in the list.

Dukasaur wrote:Schedule of Events:
Note: the following links are to the prototype tournaments for each event.
For links to the actual tournament each day, look in the active Olympics box at the top of your Central Command page.

Sep 17, 12 PM to Sep 18, 12 PM CC Olympics - Opening Ceremonies
Sep 18, 12 AM to Sep 19, 12 PM CC Olympics - MegaBarge Racing
Sep 18, 12 PM to Sep 19, 12 PM CC Olympics - Uranium Enriching
Sep 19, 12 AM to Sep 20, 12 AM CC Olympics - Banjo Wrestling
Sep 19, 12 PM to Sep 20, 12 PM CC Olympics - Wheelchair Slalom
Sep 20, 12 AM to Sep 21, 12 AM CC Olympics - Oxen Jousting
Sep 20, 12 PM to Sep 21, 12 PM CC Olympics - Zombie Baseball*
Sep 21, 12 AM to Sep 22, 12 AM CC Olympics - Regalia Wearing
Sep 21, 12 PM to Sep 22, 12 PM CC Olympics - Nuclear Gnarling
Sep 22, 12 AM to Sep 23, 12 AM CC Olympics - Assdoodling
Sep 22, 12 PM to Sep 23, 12 PM CC Olympics - Human Catapulting*
Sep 23, 12 AM to Sep 24, 12 AM CC Olympics - Speed Shopping
Sep 23, 12 PM to Sep 24, 12 PM CC Olympics - Trademark Infringing
Sep 24, 12 AM to Sep 25, 12 AM CC Olympics - Event Naming
Sep 24, 12 PM to Sep 25, 12 PM CC Olympics - Atlantean Water Polo
Sep 25, 12 AM to Sep 26, 12 AM CC Olympics - Holiday Decorating
Sep 25, 12 PM to Sep 26, 12 PM CC Olympics - Waggle Dancing*
Sep 26, 12 AM to Sep 27, 12 AM CC Olympics - Settings Dredging
Sep 26, 12 PM to Sep 27, 12 PM CC Olympics - Glow-in-the-Dark Archery
Sep 27, 12 AM to Sep 28, 12 AM CC Olympics - Not-So-Tenacious Tiddlywinks
Sep 27, 12 PM to Sep 28, 12 PM CC Olympics - Mini Brazil Bash
Sep 28, 12 AM to Sep 29, 12 AM CC Olympics - Mini Flonkerton*
Sep 28, 12 PM to Sep 29, 12 PM CC Olympics - Greco-Roman Arm Wrestling
Sep 29, 12 AM to Sep 30, 12 PM CC Olympics - Closing Ceremonies

*The Tournaments marked thus will be Tribe Tournaments, meaning that to join you must be in a Tribe, and only 1 member from a Tribe may enter each iteration of the tournament.
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby shoop76 on Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:30 pm

Thanks, Duk. Those 4 events, will they count for the individual scoreboard as well?
Tournament Commissioner
Tournament Commissioner

Postby Dukasaur on Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:58 pm

shoop76 wrote:Thanks, Duk. Those 4 events, will they count for the individual scoreboard as well?

Yessirree!
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Next

Return to Announcement Archives