Conquer Club

Starting in Asia on the Classic Map

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Starting in Asia on the Classic Map

Postby Lefebvre on Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:35 am

Several times recently in automatic deployment games I've had multiple territories in Asia but nowhere else to start from on another continent. I might have three of more of Astana, Beijing, Delhi, Manila, Novosibirsk, Tokyo, Yakutsk, and maybe Moscow (which is not in Asia). However, I was not in a good position to take Australia and usually someone else is.

Generally speaking, what do you do when you find yourself in this position? I understand it entirely depends on the game, but I'm tending to find that I get pushed out of North America if I try to expand that way and any run on Australia usually ends in both me and the strongest player in Australia losing the game. Africa is not an option unless I happen to hold Dubai or can take it from Delhi/Mumbai. Europe is very difficult to capture and hold from this position and if I try to hold onto a chunk of Asia then I find the Australian player will almost always overrun me. What would you do?

This question is mostly in regard to 4+ player standard games, but any advice is beneficial.
Sergeant 1st Class Lefebvre

Re: Starting in Asia on the Classic Map

Postby Donelladan on Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:02 am

I checked some of your games.
Seems to me you were playing escalating on classic with 5 players. If I am right, then you do not care at all about the bonus. And taking them may even be a mistake.
You do not win an escalating game using bonus. To win in a escalating game you have to stack, and take card on regions with only a single troops. Then when the value of a set is around the troops of one player, plus killing that player allow you to recash, then use your set, kill a player, recash, using the recash, kill the next player, and so on. You are often able to win in one turn if you do that. Escalating is about choosing the right timing to kill everyone in one turn. And also do not weaken any other player because if you do, someone else will have easy cards and win.

Now if you are asking about nuclear/no spoils/flat rate game.
Probably the 3 other players who have oceanie/africa and SA will fight each other in NA and Europe. So you stack and chose right moment to grab one of their bonus, not wasting troops on any fight with them before.
Brigadier Donelladan

Re: Starting in Asia on the Classic Map

Postby Dillybarr on Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:39 pm

I agree 100% with the above statement
Cadet Dillybarr

Return to Conquer Club Discussion